top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for Notices by an unknown creditor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Notices by an unknown creditor.

Hello,

I have been kinda lurking around here for a while and the information has been SO helpful.

I filed my Chapter 13 on 12/4 Pro Se.

So far so good. Sort of. It's nerve wracking. PACER is my best friend.

Anyway, this morning I saw on PACER that an unknown creditor (unknown to me) has filed a request for notices. I have a couple of questions about this. I did not list this creditor on my schedules because I have never heard of them, but they claim to be an auto finance company which implies something secured which freaks me out.

I have NO CLUE how to amend my schedule to accommodate this creditor, or if I even should.

Should I object to this creditor's request for notices or just send the notices and wait and see if they try to file a proof of claim?

Also, am I now obligated to send them everything that I have already sent to everybody else?

Also, once or if I serve them with (prior) notices, am I required to send notice to the court that I did so?
    Last edited by tigergem; 12-18-2009, 10:09 AM.

Answer to my own question.

I got FedEx notification of delivery of a document to the BK clerk that I wanted to follow up on...(well within my deadline I might add.)

Anyway I asked her about that notice from that creditor and she told me that they only have to be given notice GOING FORWARD. I do not have to back track and send them what has already been sent to the matrix and none of my filings are deficient.

(Whew.)

Breathe.... breathe....

I have only great things to say about my BK clerks. They have been so helpful. I really try not to be a pest.

She was also very encouraging. She said "We DO have successful Pro Se debtors here you know!" That was very nice of her to say.

Comment

Yes, you don't technically worry about people asking submitting a Request For Notice, unless and until you need to serve something on them or the person they represent.

This is why you ALWAYS get the current copy of the Matrix (from PACER) before sending out things. This is why attorneys ALWAYS include a copy of the current matrix with their certificate of service (when they are serving it on the entire list).
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you, justbroke.

Yeah, that is what the clerk told me today, which is actually what I had done, even though I didn't really know that at the time, it just seemed to make sense to print the matrix, because they had updated addresses on there from some appearance filings, and preferred addresses for contact...so it all worked out.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X