top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What questions were you asked at your 341 meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What questions were you asked at your 341 meeting?

What kinds of questions does the trustee ask at the 341 meeting? And... is the trustee the only person who asks questions?

What questions did you get asked at your 341 meeting?

See my thread here. http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=39127
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You're awesome. Simply awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
        What kinds of questions does the trustee ask at the 341 meeting? And... is the trustee the only person who asks questions?

What questions did you get asked at your 341 meeting?
        Name
        SSN is accurate
        Physical Address
        If petition was reviewed by me and if it was true/accurate
        If my tax returns provided were accurate
        If i had any other assets not listed

That was it! Everyone in the room was asked the exact same questions.

The TTE then filed the report of no distribution the next day
        Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
        341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
        Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
        Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

I was asked:

-Name
          -SS#
          -Address
          -If everything i submitted was true and accurate to the best of my knowledge
          -If I understood the implications of Chapter 7
          -Questions about a few large deposits of money into my checking account (I received financial aid refunds from my school)
          -A few questions about how I prepared my documents and the terminology used within them (I used a prep company to prepare my documents and apparently words like "homestead" aren't typically used within my district)
          -The trustee went back to the financial aid refunds from school and asked if I had more funds coming. This question took a little while to answer and explain, but it was fine in the end.

I think my meeting took an extra few minutes because the trustee saw that I was doing this on my own and wanted to be sure I understood exactly what was happening and what was going to happen. Overall, I think I lucked out in this department.

The trustee at my hearing had someone helping out. She was friendly, smiling, and welcoming.

I'm assuming you plan to show up to court early... I just went into the room and watched the meetings of a few other people. After two or three I saw that there wasn't anything to be scared of unless you lie. When one couple appeared to have lied to the trustee her demeanor went from friendly to "I'll eat you alive" in about half a second.
          08.28.09 - Filed Chapter 7
          10.19.09 - 341 Meeting
          12.18.09 - Anticipating Discharge!!!
          12.21.09 - Discharged!!!

Comment

Oh yes I plan to be there early. Thanks! I don't have any large deposits to explain. It is pretty obvious where my income comes from.

I get social security and I get paid once a month, so I guess my biggest concern is the fact that I had a little bit of money in my checking account on the date I filed. But I had to wait to get paid to send the filing fee. So that couldn't be helped. I guess I'm not going to sweat that part since it can't be helped now - - it's already done. Plus you can tell from my bank statement that it was spent on bills like rent and insurance right away. No big secret!

Comment

I just had mine today lets see if i can remember lol

address
              how did you get here today what vehicle ?
              my husband car, then asked me three differnt ways if my husband was filing plan on filing or has filed all three was no
              how many vehicles i had at the time of filing
              if i has sold anything in the last year less then the value ? no
              if i had a stake or owned any property in the last 4 years? no
              if i has filed bankruptcy in the last 8 years
              was i keeping my vehicle ? no
              had i paid in relatives 1000.00 or more in the past year? no
              did anybody owe me any money ? no ( i wish ( did not say that )
              have i sold anything 1000.00 or more in the past year
              did i owe child support ? no

at the end i asked about my vehicle, I have been asking for them to come and get it, he said they would if not let my lawyer know
              he said he would be putting as no distributions
              filed chapter 7 Nov 17, 2009
              341 meeting Dec 21
              dec 22 no funds no asset
              Objections for Discharge due by 02/19/2010

Comment

I think you'll be fine. The 341 is really nothing to worry about as long as you're honest.

The only piece of advice I can give you - which you've probably already heard - keep your answers short (preferably "yes" and "No") - and don't offer to explain anything. The trustee will ask you to speak if something needs to be said. The one couple I saw have trouble during their meeting was the one that kept talking. The more they spoke, the more questions the trustee seemed to have. It was actually a little funny watching their lawyer put his head down, unable to shut them up.

Good luck!
                08.28.09 - Filed Chapter 7
                10.19.09 - 341 Meeting
                12.18.09 - Anticipating Discharge!!!
                12.21.09 - Discharged!!!

Comment

lol THANK YOU jonathan! I needed that! I would be the one that would do that... just keep talking... only because I am nervous. I really do not have anything to hide.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X