Yet another PACER question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another PACER question.

Under Deadlines and Hearings I see the following categories and an event that troubles me:

Deadline/Hearing EventFiled Due/Set

Clerks 30 Day Suspense 12/04/2009 01/04/2010

and the document referenced in there is my petition.

That event has been listed in there since the day it was filed. But what does this mean "Clerk's 30 Day Suspense"?

This is only a guess... but I'm guessing that it's a tickler for the Clerk's Office to check your case in 30 days because you are under some sort of Installment Plan. This allows the clerk to get a "tickle" or notice in 30 days that something is due on the case. I'm thinking it's your next installment payment. I guess that means that you filed on 12/4/2009 and your next payment is due 1/4/2010.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

No it's not the installments. My second payment isn't actually due until 2/4/10. Reason being, I get my SSDI check on the 3rd of the month, and I needed a little bit of breathing room to get it there on time. I have every intention of sending my installment in right after the 1/3/10 pay date, "early", but this way it is not due the very next day. The clerk actually called me and asked for an explanation of that request. She said, you know, normally we expect a payment every 30 days. But my request for installments order was signed by the judge exactly as I requested it.

Comment

Maybe the clerk's 30-day tickle is wrong then. Installments are normally 4 installments, with first due on filing, and then every 30 days. It appears that you have some other arrangement.

Otherwise, the 30-day suspense is a Clerk entry. It could also be to make sure that you were allowed (the Judge entered an order allowing) payment by installment. For any further information, contact the Clerk fo the Court.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yeah, I got to thinking about that after I posted that... that could be like a default setting in the system or something, and possibly even why she called to ask me about it, since the order reads 60 days out on the second installment instead of 30 days.

Comment

Hi "Sister!"
            If you have a Hearing event Filed, then there is "something" that is going for a Hearing, but it looks routine. You are in a 13. Have you made your payment? Have you filed your Income tax returns for the last two years? Are all your Schedules in order and filed? Was there something for the Judge to look at? Be careful; don't get ripped up by missing a deadline. Call up the Clerk or go down and ask nicely. Be sure to stay on top of every little wrinkle.

Comment

It doesn't look like a hearing event. Those look different. There were a couple of hearing events in there earlier, but they were withdrawn... so no that isn't the same. Yes - I made my payment. I sent copies of my income tax transcripts to the trustee (the court doesn't want them in this district). All of my schedules were filed. Everything was filed early. I already made my first plan payment to the trustee. It wasn't due til next week.

I am planning to take my second plan payment with me to my 341 meeting to ask if I can hand deliver it to the trustee instead of mailing it. If he won't accept it that way, then I will just drop it in the mail after the meeting and it will still be way early.

I'm so paranoid. I guess I will call the clerk's office on Monday and double check and specifically ask about that. They have been very kind and helpful. I just hate to be a pest.

Oh the categories didn't copy/paste very coherently up there.

They are:

Deadline/Hearing

Event Filed

Due/Set
              Last edited by tigergem; 12-25-2009, 04:37 PM. Reason: clarification.

Comment

You are not being a pest, "Sis." That's what your chums on the Forum are here for - they're here fore YOU! == Stay on top of it: anything with the Note "Hearing" is a ledger item that should send your antennae twitching. And if you are not sure, just ask.

Most of these "low-level" cases do not fail because of substantive matters; the creditors have long ago written it off and have decamped. they bomb because of some technical or procedural miss. SO: to prevail, stay on top of it!

Comment

I feel like the little engine that could. lol. I think I can. I think I can. lol.

Comment

You go, girl! Those creditors will give up long before you do!

Comment

Clerk's office says Clerk's 30 day suspense is just a note for them to go in and make sure that all the paperwork that should have been filed has been filed. (whew.) I think it has, I think it has... lol!

Comment

Tickler indeed! I thought it was for the installment, but it was definitely a tickler to review your file. Good job calling the Clerk!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X