Will I have any problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I have any problems?

This is a total coincidence, but my BR is schedule to be discharged on Monday and I also start my new job on Monday.

I just finalized everything on Wednesday the 23rd, but my new job is over the median income limit. Will this cause any problems with my BR?

I didn't plan for this to happen things just fell into place on the job front and the timing is purely coincidental.

I don't know if I have to report this change to the trustee or not.

Any information anyone can shed on this topic would be greatly appreciated and hopefully put my mind to rest.
    Filed: 09/18/09
    341: 10/28/09
    DISCHARGED!!!!:

It will cause no issues with your Bankruptcy. Congratulations on your discharge. Please let us know when it happens, and the hamsters will come out and sing and dance for you.

You do not have to report it as it occurred post-petition and post-341 Meeting. And, a job is not a job until you actually start it.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

And don't forget, that first paycheck does not roll in until a few weeks after your discharge! Congratulations!

Comment

Thank you all for the information!

It looks like I will have a fresh start as of Monday (or shortly thereafter.)

I checked Pacer today and everything looks okay. Also I noticed that Nordstrom has already marked my account with them IIB, which hopefully is another good sign.

I'll definitely post when I know I've been discharged, and then I can add another line to change my signature!
        Filed: 09/18/09
        341: 10/28/09
        DISCHARGED!!!!:

Comment

Your fresh start begins the very moment the Order of Discharge is signed by the Court. Remember, your old creditors are absolutely prohibited by Statute from contacting you about the debts in bankruptcy, unless you signed a reaffirmation agreement. If they or any subsequent purchaser does, then you can demand money damages.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X