what does trustee want??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does trustee want??

So we got our letter from our trustee regarding our 341 and the required paperwork we need to have to her. Seems like it will be pretty simple.

She just wants the last two years tax returns (are turbotax print outs ok?) AND a statement from our bank account stating the balance on the day we filed.

My question is, what exactly is the proper way to show the balance on the day we filed? My last bank account statement doesn't show daily balances, but I can print off my online banking record from that day to show the balance, but is that professional enough?
    Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
    341- 2/17/2010
    DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

A copy of your Income Tax returns is fine (such as a printout from TurboTax). They may want them signed too, so double check on that! Also, I would redact all but the last 4 digits of your SSN(s) on your tax returns. As far as the balance on filing day, a printout from on-line Banking is sufficient to show the running balance on the day of filing.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

thanks, I just don't want to look unprofessional when the trustee is looking through the documents.
      Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
      341- 2/17/2010
      DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Comment

Originally posted by ecsclb1724 View Post
        So we got our letter from our trustee regarding our 341 and the required paperwork we need to have to her. Seems like it will be pretty simple.

She just wants the last two years tax returns (are turbotax print outs ok?) AND a statement from our bank account stating the balance on the day we filed.

My question is, what exactly is the proper way to show the balance on the day we filed? My last bank account statement doesn't show daily balances, but I can print off my online banking record from that day to show the balance, but is that professional enough?
        Are they looking for federal and state returns, or just federal? Thanks.

Comment

I live in Washington State so I don't have to file a state return. I'm guessing that they would want to see both though
          Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
          341- 2/17/2010
          DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Comment

My trustee had requested (by mail, before my 341) copies of insurance on my vehicles, which I had with me. At my 341 today she asked for copies of proof of another insurance policy... my renter's insurance policy. And a history of proof of payments to that insurance. Just heads up if you are claiming that kind of expense, they might ask to see it. I called the insurance company for a complete payment history and they said they can't fax it, they have to mail it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X