Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I just filed pro-se today with my spouse. I am very nervous but also feel relieved at the same time to just move on. I have been a lurker but this site is amazing.

I forgot to mention we filed chapter 7. The clerks out the court house were so nice. I forgot a form and the lady was very nice in printing it out for me and helping me along.

Comment

Yes, some courts are very "accommodating" to pro se filers! I'm glad that your courthouse pointed out the deficiency right there, rather than mail you a deficiency notice later! This is another reason why I highly recommend that pro se filers submit their petition in person.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Welcome. We are also pro se and our court clerks were nice too.

Comment

Welcome and good luck!

My court clerks are very nice and helpful too. The trustee's assistant... not so much.

Comment

I couldn't hand deliver mine since the courthouse was two hours away. I haven't received a deficiency notice so hopefully everything was there! They would have sent one if it wasn't complete correct?
            Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
            341- 2/17/2010
            DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Comment

Originally posted by ecsclb1724 View Post
              I couldn't hand deliver mine since the courthouse was two hours away. I haven't received a deficiency notice so hopefully everything was there! They would have sent one if it wasn't complete correct?
              Do you have PACER? You should be checking that as well.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by ecsclb1724 View Post

Oh yeah, please do enroll in PACER and check your status at least once a day. If I had waited for them to MAIL me a deficiency notice, I wouldn't have known about it until after the deadline and then you get set up for a dismissal by the trustee for failing to file.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiego1976 View Post
                  Hello, I just filed pro-se today with my spouse. I am very nervous but also feel relieved at the same time to just move on. I have been a lurker but this site is amazing.

Hi sandiego1976,

Did you file downtown? I'm also in San Diego and am quite nervous about the entire procedure. Do you know if there are days when someone like me could sit in on motions or creditor's meetings to get a feel for the process?

Thank you! Happy New Year!
                  Retained the BEST bk atttorney in San Diego ~ 2/10/10
                  341 hearing ~ 4/27/10
                  Ch 7 discharge ~ 6/28/10

Comment

Originally posted by catlady View Post
                    Do you know if there are days when someone like me could sit in on motions or creditor's meetings to get a feel for the process?
                    All hearings and 341 Meetings are open to the public. I've sat in on many many hearings! Just make sure you know the courthouse or 341 Meeting location procedures for entry (like no cameras, no cellular phones, no recording devices, no laptops, etc). The procedure can be different for different courts (e.g. Tampa doesn't allow laptops, but Orlando does!).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X