FedEx just picked up my petition package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FedEx just picked up my petition package

Whew! I spent the entire (seriously) weekend finalizing my forms. It's on its way to Tampa for early morning delivery tomorrow, and I can't tell you how relieved I am to have that all done and out of the way.

I'm sure I'll be freaking out until this whole Ch. 7 BK is finalized, but at least now the ball is rolling, and I can begin to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

The cheapest BK attorney I could find (who at least had good ratings) was $2K for a no-asset Ch. 7 individual filing. How in the world is anyone in this type of situation supposed to be able to come up with that kind of money?

Just signed up for PACER access and I'm sure I'll be wearing that thing out once I have a case number tomorrow haha!

Anyway, thank you all again for this forum and for the intelligent and useful advice provided. I couldn't have done it myself without you!!
    Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/12/10 341 held: 2/16/10 Discharged and Closed: 4/20/10
    Stopped Mortgage Pymts: 5/1/10 Moving to Rental: 7/2/10. Hoping Wells Fargo forecloses in 6 months tops

Congratulations. While I may have highly recommended driving up to Tampa and filing in person at the United States Courthouse... filing via FedEx (a reputable delivery company) is the next best thing!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Just a hint for you. Try not to rack up a huge PACER bill. I check mine once -- maybe twice a day. For sure after Close of Business, when there won't be any more activity for the day. Sometimes right after lunch, if I am expecting something to show up from that morning.

Comment

I filed pro se ,and never check pacer...can't afford an another bill.
        I found the phone number from the automated line for pacer for my region,and did it that way...
        filed chap 7 pro se 09/15/09
        341 meeting 10/19/09 continued
        2nd 341 meeting 11/09/09 concluded
        discharged : 12/21/09 closed :01/08/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X