whats next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats next

hi i filed 11/30/09.341 meeting was 1/6/10.i guess im part of 60 day club.i filed in pa.meeting was in philly at 3.got there around 2:15.listen to others till my meeting which was at 4.finally.it was over in 5 minutes.trustee was really cool.i had my paper work with me for final credit class.he let me leave quick so i could go file class paperwork before clerks office closed so i wouldnt have to come back.what a cool dude.he said ill get my discharge in about 60 days.i filed without a lawyer.i think the trustee was amazed how i had everything together.i heard when i was there people with lawyers didnt have there stuff together.i also read alot of good info on this site which helped me with all this.step by step.thank you.i was wondering if anyone could let me know whats next.do i just hang for the 60 days and wait for dicharge paperwork.can anything go wrong doing these 60 days.once again thanks for everyones help during this stressful time.

I believe that keeping an eye on "Notice of Appearance" on pacer is a good indicator. If some one has an interest they will show up under that. I'm no expert so stand to be corrected........and am also just sitting it out. I must say it is good to be off the emotional roller coaster.

Comment

But, OnTheRocks is right that generally, no news is good news... so no "notice of appearance" is good news too.

The lack of a "notice of appearance" won't necessarily mean that someone isn't watching. Remember, all creditors get notice via the Matrix. A notice of appearance and request for notice (usually done at the same time), may indicate that an attorney is handling the case, but in no way means that claims won't be filed.

The key dates that one should be waiting for are the 10-day "statement" on presumption of abuse and the 60-day bar date for filing a complaint for dischargeability. The first date is for the UST to file a statement indicating that s/he believes that you are abusing the discharge of Chapter 7. If the UST doesn't file by that date, then you're usually good to go. I'm starting to call that 10-day period the "Means Test" bar date.

The second date is the 60-days after the 341 meting. A creditor could file a complaint on dischargeability in this time. This would mean that specific creditor wants their specific charges (claim) to be excepted from the discharge. They would file a complaint (Adversary Proceeding) and they usually wait until the last minute, literally to file these.

The other person who can complain in the next 60-days is also the UST. They can file for things other than the Means Test, and that's for abuse or "totality of circumstances". This almost never happens unless you're one of the special cases where you are over-the-median and/or discharging large amounts of unsecured debt and the UST is reviewing your case with a fine tooth comb.

Good luck!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X