X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Day for Creditors to Object to Confirmation

TODAY.

Just a few more hours to wait and see.

A nail bitter. Actually, other than the Trustee and secured creditors (automobile, home)... my research indicates that most Chapter 13 confirmations go without objection.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Good deal. Only a little while longer..........
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Nothing got filed today.

Of course, there is always the chance that something got sent that didn't come up in PACER today, so I'll check back again. But so far so good.

YAY!

But now I am wondering. What is the difference between a creditor objecting to confirmation and objecting to discharge of debt? (Deadline for objecting to discharge of debt is 3/8/2010).

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
          But now I am wondering. What is the difference between a creditor objecting to confirmation and objecting to discharge of debt? (Deadline for objecting to discharge of debt is 3/8/2010).
          I'll take a shortcut and just simply say that 99.999% of creditors do not object to discharge in a Chapter 13, because they feel that they will get "something" over the course of the Plan.

Confirmation objections are usually because you aren't paying them properly, so usually only the secured creditors would do so.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

And this same objection to confirmation deadline that applies to every body else applies to the trustee, right?

Comment

TODAY.
              I thought that the bar for filing objections to confirmation was 30 days after the 341 meeting. Am I wrong?
              Filed 12/8/2009
              Confirmed 4/6/2010
              4 of 36 Payments Made

Comment

Comment

Thanks. I never thought to look up the local rules, I figured those were all federal bar dates. In my district (WDWA), they have until 7 days before the original date set for confirmation. Which is passed for me...No objections so I guess I'm good.

The rule does not specify whether objections by creditors and trustee must be filed in that time frame or just objections by creditors. Can the trustee object anytime before confirmation? Mine got postponed until March since I am trying to strip the second.
                  Filed 12/8/2009
                  Confirmed 4/6/2010
                  4 of 36 Payments Made

Comment

Well. Apparently in my district the trustee can do just about any dam thing he pleases whenever he wants to, and is not barred by any of the time limits placed on creditors. All I really know for sure is what I posted that you just replied to, and that is only in MY district. Local rules are very important. I would venture to say that you should always look at the local rules first and work backward from there, because they sometimes reference local civil procedure and FRBP... and it's especially important to note when the LBR says it "supercedes"... the other rule.

Comment

Thanks. Good luck to you at your confirmation next week. Hopefully the trustee and judge go easy on you since your pro se.
                      Filed 12/8/2009
                      Confirmed 4/6/2010
                      4 of 36 Payments Made

Comment

My trustee is already being a pitb. I suspect he will continue to be that way. But I really think I am going to like my judge. So far I do, anyway. I haven't met him in person, but have read a lot of his opinions and rulings. He seems to be a great guy.

Comment

TODAY.

Just a few more hours to wait and see.

Now bumped to 7 days days before my new confirmation hearing date. So last day for objections to confirmation is now...February 24th.

Comment

Sooo...today was my deadline for Objections.....nothing has shown up in Pacer....what do I do now? just sit and wait???

Comment

I guess. But you should probably wait til close of business to get all excited about it passing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X