help with adding creditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with adding creditor

To add an unsecured creditor I know I need to amend schedule f but here is my question...do i need to fill out the entire schedule again(the old plus the new) or just add the new? I hope that make sense. Thanks

Yes you have to fill out the entire schedule again and they like to see the creditors listed in alphabetical order.

Then! You also have to amend the matrix, which is JUST the addition, not the whole thing plus the addition. For this, there is a FEE. $26.00.

Then! Be sure to serve the new creditor with the correct notice of filing, and

Then! File a certificate of service of the notice of filing with the court.

Then! there may be a cover sheet to file with all of this (check your district forms), or, if not, you should just write a letter explaining what you did.

Got all that?

Comment

Please note that this is District specific! My Districts wants you to file an amendment with ONLY the changes and mark the form as amended. Also, local rules require that you file an updated Summary of Schedules, Statistics and Statement of the Debtor certifying the forms.

If you are unsure of procedure, always contact your Case Manager!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
        Yes you have to fill out the entire schedule again and they like to see the creditors listed in alphabetical order.

Then! You also have to amend the matrix, which is JUST the addition, not the whole thing plus the addition. For this, there is a FEE. $26.00.

Then! Be sure to serve the new creditor with the correct notice of filing, and

Then! File a certificate of service of the notice of filing with the court.

Then! there may be a cover sheet to file with all of this (check your district forms), or, if not, you should just write a letter explaining what you did.

Got all that?
        Tiger has it down pretty well. You do not need to file a letter of filing separately if you just add the paragraph under your letter that you filed by mail to whomever, etc. Sign it and that's it.

BTW Tiger, those are awfully bad words in your signature. The ones in color as I've used them before myself. LOL. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post

BTW Tiger, those are awfully bad words in your signature. The ones in color as I've used them before myself. LOL. 'Hub
          Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            Please note that this is District specific! My Districts wants you to file an amendment with ONLY the changes and mark the form as amended. Also, local rules require that you file an updated Summary of Schedules, Statistics and Statement of the Debtor certifying the forms.

If you are unsure of procedure, always contact your Case Manager!
            Oh good point. Yeah, come to think of it, I did get the full Schedule F bit from local rules. And yes, if you call your local clerk they should be able to tell you because it is a procedural question. And when you think you have all your questions answered, I like to ask... Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Actually DOH! I did forget to send my Statement certifying the schedules when I amended my schedules the first time, and they had it on 21 day suspense for that in PACER, so I called to ask what the suspense was for ... you'd think I would NOT forget that now, right?

I used to send a letter as a courtesy to the clerks, especially my case manager. They really appreciated it and told me so. I mean instead of them just getting this pile of forms in the mail and having to sort through it to figure out what I did and why. A simple letter of explanation just seems like a business nicety.
            Last edited by tigergem; 03-03-2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone. you're great!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X