top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relief from stay filed 7 days before probable discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relief from stay filed 7 days before probable discharge?

With my 60 days being over on March 11th, why would a bank pay $150 today to do a 'relief from stay'? Seems like they could have gone forward without problem in just 6 or 7 more days before discharge.

What a great forum! Without it, I do not believe I would have attempted this pro se. All I can say is what has been said here before. Be completely honest, have your paperwork perfect, and ask questions here. Get the nolo book and use whatever tools your local courthouse has available.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se 11-2009
    341 Mtg 1-2010
    Discharged 4-2010

Sometimes they just want to be sure that the property is actually abandoned from the Estate. If the Trustee doesn't abandon the property, then the property remains part of the Estate and is untouchable until the earlier of the case closing, the case dismissing, the Trustee abandons the property, or a motion for relief is granted.

Just think of it as them being abundantly cautious. Are you an asset case?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Re: asset case

No, no assets. Passed means test. 341 started out funky, as the trustee did not immediately have my info in front of him, and he stated 'you did not include your most recent tax return'. But I did, and he found it. Then it went totally smooth. He did not ask for my 2009 tax return like he asked most of the others.(Filed in Dec.) My forms were so good apparently that at the beginning of the meeting, a lady called me outside to ask if I had someone help me with the forms. I advised, no, and she said they were some of the best pro se forms she had seen. She was OK, but it put a little scare in my morning.
      Thanks for your response. You have been very helpful!
      Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se 11-2009
      341 Mtg 1-2010
      Discharged 4-2010

Comment

Isn't that a good feeling? To be called out for excellence as a pro se filer?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X