top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building Creditor Matrix - What address do I list for judgements against me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building Creditor Matrix - What address do I list for judgements against me?

I am trying to build my creditor matrix. I have 11 accounts, 2 of which have sued me in court and won, thus having a judgment against me. I see the lawyers contact information, but I can not tell which 2 creditors they are. The paper work doesn't say anything about account numbers, or contact addresses for the creditors.

1.) Do I put the attorney listed on the judgment on the matrix, or should I call the attorney listed and ask them for the address of whom they were representing in court against me?

2.) If I don't contact the lawyers that represented the creditors, who do I contact to find out who the heck sued me and get the correct addresses to build my matrix?

Very confused, and overwhelmed. Any advice appreciated - thanks.

Put every address you know of. I would do this for "notification only" so that they are aware. It doesn't hurt to even put the Collection Agencies (CAs) on there as well.

I usually suggest that the debtor just run a credit report and include everyone listed... especially the collections.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I may have been a little confusing, your idea is good but my question i forgot to ask is.. how do i figure out who it was that sued me?

I have no clue which 2 sued me since the paper work doesn't say the creditors or accounts.. it's really vague.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by FastForward View Post
        I may have been a little confusing, your idea is good but my question i forgot to ask is.. how do i figure out who it was that sued me?
        Doesn't matter who sued you. List all creditors. If you're unsure of the balance, list $1 and check "disputed".

The real key is that they have notice. Not that you have the amount or original creditor exact. You complete the forms to the best of your knowledge and belief. You are not required to hunt down how many times the debt changed hands.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X