tax returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tax returns

When you send tax return to the trustee, does it has to be 7 days before the meeting or can't it be arlier than that.
    Do I have to send the tax returns with a letter or form?

This question is Trustee specific. Most want the tax returns at least 7 days prior to the 341 Meeting. It is always best to send a cover letter that includes your Case Number on it, so they can match the case without looking it up by SSN.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You may send it earlier, but DO NOT send it later. The failure to timely submit your tax return to the trustee results in automatic dismissal

Comment

Be sure and keep copies of everything you send. Write a cover letter with a list of everything you are sending. Send it by certified mail. I sent all of my forms in plenty of time exactly as instructed, and still had to contend with an objection to confirmation and a motion for dismissal on the basis of documents not being received -- because of a clerical error in the Trustee's office. CYA!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X