Schedule F - Unknown Account Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule F - Unknown Account Numbers

Firstly, thanks to everyone who helps out on these forums. This is my first post, and using the search function I have found many great answers to my earlier questions.

The Question: Will it possibly cause trouble if I do not have the complete account number for each of my Creditors? I was previously evicted and left my apartment with only a suitcase of my clothing; everything else was left behind INCLUDING my mail and files.

To get information on my creditors I am using my credit report, and most of the account numbers are something like D3875XXXXX. The Schedule F asks for the last 4 digits of my account numbers. Seems like the only numbers I have are the starting digits, not the last 4!

Additionally, the original creditors and collections agencies I have called so far have not been very helpful. For example my bank account was charged off and I called them directly, they would not even acknowledge what my negative balance was when they charged it off. I had to spend 3 hours on the phone before someone finally told me who they had charged my account off too.

Summary: So I don't have the last 4 digits of almost all of my accounts to be listed on Schedule F, am I in trouble?

Thank you for any help!

Nope you are not in trouble. For that matter, if you don't know an account number you can just use the last 4 of your social security number instead of an account number. If you don't know the amount for sure, there are two ways you can do it. You can either put your best guess for the amount or you can just put $1.00. Be sure to mark the claim as disputed.

Comment

Thank you Tigergem!

You just helped lower my blood pressure, so my heart also thanks you!

Comment

I put "unknown" for some of the account numbers and "approx." after some of the amounts. The creditors get notice of your SSN anyway in the notice of voluntary petition so they have no excuse for not being able to find the account.

Comment

I have a combination of Unknown, the first few numbers from the credit report (which don't even match real account numbers), full account numbers (mistake on my part), and the last four digits (for most of them).

The creditors can find out who you are by SSN, so... when they get the Notice of Bankruptcy, they get the full SSN and can match that way.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X