top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still getting collection notices from the IRS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still getting collection notices from the IRS.

Why do I get such an evil feeling of sheer delight when creditors don't play by the rules?

Does this make me a bad person?

No. I always wanted them to contact me so I can try that sanctions thing.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I was thinking about that.

Last month when I got a notice, the lady was really nice when I called. She said "Oh we aren't allowed to do that!" She apologized profusely and asked me to fax a copy of the BK notice to some department in Philadelphia so that the information could get entered into their computers properly. No problem. Happy to help.

The letter today really torqued me. "You haven't contacted us about this...". And today when I called them, the guy I talked to was a real jerk about it. Oh Mr. IRS Dude, do NOT be rude to me when you are so very WRONG. And especially not when I have actually written down your name and ID number and the time I spoke to you.

So ....If I try the sanctions thing, and if I succeed, who gets the money?

Comment

You get the money, but the Trustee could try to get at it. Anyhow, this sounds ripe for a "Motion to Entry of Order to Show Cause and for Sanctions". They are actually trying to collect.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oh yeah, they are actually trying to collect. And trying to tack on interest now too. Well I need to get some dental work done, so I guess I better get busy.

If I am successful, Mr. T and I will just have to haggle about that, I reckon. He's not a terribly unreasonable guy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X