2009 bills received 3/26/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 bills received 3/26/10

Sorry guys, I accidentally posted this first as a reply to HGolightly's thread. I meant to start a new one. So here it is. Again. (Sorry!)

If you can believe it, I just yesterday in the mail got a stack of insurance benefits statements pertaining to one of my medical providers with dates of service all through 2009.

It's like this one doctor's office saved all my 2009 bills to file with the insurance until after the first of the year or something.

I kept asking them at each of my appointments if I owed anything and they kept telling me no. But each one of these EOBs indicates a $40.00 copay for each visit.

Now, it's entirely possible that I might not actually owe this amount because I had a $0 fee agreement (contract) with the doctor's office, which is separate from whatever the insurance company's deal is with them.

But, I am wondering (since I was dumb and didn't include this doctor's office as a creditor when I filed) if I do end up needing to add this doctor as a creditor, do I need to request via motion permission to add a creditor since I am post-confirmation?

I am anticipating convoluted billing problems only because the office staff just isn't the brightest bunch of bulbs, and every single time I have to deal with anything paperwork at this doctor's office, it has really been an ordeal. They just really don't have their act together. So when I go in for my next appointment on April 1 I am half expecting them to tell me that I owe a year's worth of back co-pays despite the fee agreement with their office.

Of course, the good news is, the total bill will not amount to more than $200 if they decide to be dorks about it, but I am just pre-pondering the possible necessity to add them as a creditor to my bankruptcy schedules. Would I need to explain the reasoning for the late addition to either the judge or the trustee or both?

Because to not include them and pay them outside of the plan would be preferential, right?

I mean I know the law states that any schedules can be amended at any time while the case is open, but I am wondering if this creates a special circumstance, since my plan is already confirmed?

If you're going to do it, you need to do it now. You'll need to amend the Schedules (F -- Unsecured). You may need to talk to the Trustee about paying them. They didn't file a claim, so you could file a claim for them. You'd need to serve the Notice of Bankruptcy on them, of course, as well.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yeah, I think I am going to email Mr. T and give him a heads up on it and see what he says. I'll have a better idea of the "rest of the story" after my appointment on the 1st. That's only next Thursday. Under ordinary circumstances, I would call and ask, but for some reason the lady that does all the billing at this doctor's office can't seem to keep a train of thought and carry on a conversation at the same time, and it is better to deal with her in person.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X