• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flags?

Nature of debt: consumer
    Pending status: Awaiting Meeting of Creditors
    Flags: DebtEd, MEANSNO

What does this mean??? This showed up on pacer

MEANSNO is a good tag. Means there is no assumption of abuse. I don't know for sure about the DebtEd one. I know that DebtEdDue means that proof of the debtors attendance of a Debt Education Course has not been filed, but that is clearly not the same as DebtEd. I'm sure it would be perfectly ok for you to call your bankruptcy clerk and ask any questions you have about something that shows up in PACER that you don't understand.

Comment

DebtEd also means that the "Financial Management Course Completion" document is due. This is the "2nd" class, also known as the post-petition class or pre-discharge class.
      Last edited by justbroke; 04-08-2010, 04:57 PM.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Mine says the exact same thing. We haven't completed the second course, debtor education. Have you completed yours?
        attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
        no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
        341, 05/10/2010
        discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

I was under the impression we just need to have it complete and the certificate before the 341, correct?
          341, 05/10/2010
          discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

I took the second course at my 341 because the Trustee offered it for free. About a month later he sent me the certificate to file with the court.

Comment

Our attorney set up for us to take both courses on the same website and we'll get the printed certificate online immediately to hand deliver at the 341. He paid for it (rather $40 of our fees to him went to pay for it). I have the log in info saved, just haven't had the motivation to sit down with my husband and do it. We've got time.
              341, 05/10/2010
              discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Originally posted by blessed View Post
                I was under the impression we just need to have it complete and the certificate before the 341, correct?
                It can be up to 45 days after the 341, I think. Form B23 should be filed with the court, though.

Comment

By letter of the law, the debt management course certificate (along with Official Form B23) needs to be filed with the Court before the discharge is entered. It is best to just get this class done as soon as possible (even before the 341 meeting or real shortly thereafter). and file the certificate.

Too many people have forgot the certificate and have suffered the consequences. Although most Judges will allow the case to be re-opened to file the certificate and receive the discharge.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X