Just filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just filed

I just filed chapter 7 pro se and want to thank everyone this forum for their help. My power will be turned back on today or tomorrow and I get to hold on to my car for a little while so I can save to pay CASH for another one.

Excellent. Keep us up to date on your progress. Did you file in person? Do you have your 341 Meeting date yet?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by bebc View Post
      I just filed chapter 7 pro se and want to thank everyone this forum for their help. My power will be turned back on today or tomorrow and I get to hold on to my car for a little while so I can save to pay CASH for another one.

Glad to hear your power will be turned back on. I just filed ch7 pro se and I really thought I would feel a sense of relief but I cant get it off my mind. I cant sleep at night because I keep going over everything in my mind. It really makes me wish I could have filed with an attorney just for the reassurance that everything is going to go smoothly. My main concern is my schedule J. Hopefully this will provide you more relief than it has me.
      -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
      -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
      -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
      -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

eeeeeew. I rode that fence for a little while too, thinking I should have hired an attorney just as a stress buffer. But then I have read so many horror stories about bad attorneys on this forum, that I am wondering who I could have possibly paid to deal with the stress of having an attorney. I'm sure they aren't all really that bad, but still, you don't really know until you're in it... anyway, there aren't any bk attorneys in this one horse town, so I didn't really have much of an option.

Comment

Originally posted by bebc View Post
          Sounds good! Sounds like you are headed in the right direction, anyway. I wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
            eeeeeew. I rode that fence for a little while too, thinking I should have hired an attorney just as a stress buffer. But then I have read so many horror stories about bad attorneys on this forum, that I am wondering who I could have possibly paid to deal with the stress of having an attorney. I'm sure they aren't all really that bad, but still, you don't really know until you're in it... anyway, there aren't any bk attorneys in this one horse town, so I didn't really have much of an option.
            I guess I just need to relax. I looked around on pacer trying to find some schedule j's in my district. I probably went through 50 pages and cant figure out the best way to search and I hate to keep spending 8c per page and not finding anything. I have so many questions but have nowhere to ask and everyone here has been so helpful I hate to bombard with more questions than I have already asked.
            -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

Well every bankruptcy petition should have schedules. You shouldn't have any trouble finding the schedules. Just look in the documents section of any case under PACER.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                Well every bankruptcy petition should have schedules. You shouldn't have any trouble finding the schedules. Just look in the documents section of any case under PACER.
                Would I have to pay for every page of the entire filing or can I just view certain schedules?
                -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

Depending upon how it is scanned in, I suppose, you would only pay for what you download. except for the query, of course. In my case, there is a title in the documents section that says "schedules" and when you click on that link, it takes you to another page, and each of the schedules are scanned separately. But they aren't labeled! lol. So you would have to make an educated guess as to which link is schedule J.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X