Question: Self-employed - no wage stubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Self-employed - no wage stubs

OK, so now we begin the process of filing out all the paperwork. There will likely be lots of questions, and the first one is:

I am a self-employed writer who has just one client right now. I invoice them electronically on a monthly basis and they drive to the bank and deposit my checks. So, all I have are the invoices that I create. Are those satisfactory, or so I need something more official? The bank statements correspond to the deposit dates and amounts, so the invoices can be verified.

When you file, make ABSOLUTELY sure that you file an Affidavit of No Pay Stubs because you are self employed. Otherwise, the Clerk will see no paystubs submitted and, after 15 days, dismiss your case under 11 USC 521 for failure to file all required documents.

Your District may or may not have a local form for this. Check with the Clerk's office.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Okey dokey. I knew that there was such a form, but the NOLO book leads me to believe that it is only for the unemployed.

Thanks.

Comment

Hmmm...I never filed that paperwork and they accepted my filing as is. I did, however, provide a QuickBooks printout and that satisfied them. Had I realized that there was such a form, I would have filed it - good advice!
        Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/27/10
        341 scheduled for: 2/25/10
        Last day for objections: 4/26/10
        Discharged! - 5/3/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X