top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wanted to say "thank you"...and "good luck" to all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to say "thank you"...and "good luck" to all...

Well, I had my 341 last week (filed Ch.13 pro se on 04/01/10) and found my confirmation hearing paperwork from Trustee in today's mail, date being set for 06/15.

I'm not expecting a smooth sailing (stripping second mortgage is most likely going to cause waves somewhere along the lines) but am nevertheless confident that I'll get through it, and come out swinging...

The reason # 1 for this post is one huge "thank you" to everyone and anyone whose posts I've used for guidance and inspiration.

The reason # 2 is to say to everyone contemplating filing a Ch. 13 "per se" that it's doable, but you have to do a ton of research.( My main reason for going the "pro se" route has been the fact that I haven't liked any of the several attorneys that I had seen, and wouldn't trust them with something as important as this process.) So yes, one can file this way and get where they need to be...not without some sweat, though.

Wish me luck, and I reciprocate in advance...

No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Mrs. C and I wish you the best. Look up to "JustBroke" who did the same and then converted with much adversity. He is still hanging in there. If one can do it, another one can also. Best of good fortune. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Yes, best of luck!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Way to go! Good luck!

Comment

Good Luck Shark! I've handled civil litigation pro per, and now I'm handling our bk in the same capacity. It is not easy - and heck, I'm just doing a 7 - you and jb are (respectfully) masochists for doing your own 13's, but I agree - sometimes the only person you can really trust with these sorts of things is yourself.

The ability for one to represent himself in court is a long and hallowed tradition in the common law system. I'm glad to see so many people continuing this tradition.
          4/14/2010 Filed Chp. 7 Pro Se :blink: 5/17/2010 341 Hearing :blush2: 5/17/2010 Trustee's Initial Report Filed :yahoo: 6/4/2010 Final Trustee Report of No Distribution :clapping: 8/2/2010 Reaffirmation Hearing (Approved) :clapping: 8/11/2010 Discharged!
          I am not an attorney. You should not consider any of my statements to be legal advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X