Discharged!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!

Filed Pro Se Feb 2010, Discharged TODAY!!! Thanks for everyones help on this post and good luck to everyone.

WWWEEELLL you really deserve our traditional Victory Dance. And pro se' at that. Here you go:

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Awesome! Good job..
      "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
      Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
      341 Hearing March 4th 2010
      Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

Congratulations!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats! Nicely done!

Comment

Congratulations!

Very best of luck in your new, post-BK, life...
            No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

That is awesome news. Congratulations! Gives us 'pro-sers' hope. I can see the light.
              4/5/2010 - Filed Pro Se Ch7
              5/7/2010 - 341 mtg
              8/12/2010 - "Discharged"
              8/30/2010 - "CLOSED"

Comment

Pro Se is the way to go. Everyone at my 341 meeting who had an attorney had issues. Many of the attorneys did not submit the correct paperwork to the Trustee, and most of the attorneys had no clue about the cases, and some filled out the paperwork incorrectly (scary that a supposed professional has no clue what they are doing). If you go Pro Se do your homework and read the state and federal statutes, do as much research as you can before filing, make sure your paperwork is COMPLETE and error free, and be honest. Answer the Trustees questions before they arise by submitting proper and complete documentation and paperwork. I even went so far as to get my car appraised by a professional before I filed so there was NO QUESTION as to the value. If you have everything documented properly and complete then there will be no questions and no disputes. If you leave things incomplete or do a poor job of ducumenting everything then there will be a lot of questions and research into your situation. Good luck to everyone!!

Comment

Yes, Gibson1978, I think for the most part you are absolutely correct. It is so aggravating to hear and read the stories of people who hired an attorney who turned out to be clueless. And then, of course, they can't let us even see the golden keys to the whole legal process, because "we're not worthy". Even if we are actually BETTER at working it. (That is probably what they are actually afraid of!)

But filing pro se is not for the faint of heart, either. You have to have above average levels of diligence and tenacity and an OCD level of attention to detail. And you have to be very careful out there.

Comment

Congrats on the good news.

Comment

Congratulations to you!!! Hopefully I'll be able to say the same in 2 1/2 years!!!
                      Filed Ch. 13 Pro Se 1/8/09
                      Plan Payments Complete!!! 4/17/13:
                      DISCHARGED!!! 7/9/13

Comment

Wow great job. and im so glad that I didn't hire one of those supposed "professionals!" of course i havent been discharged yet, so i shouldnt say it yet. great job !

Comment

btw, this makes me not be able to wait until i can come here and post the same thingi!! its good to let other pro se'rs know that it is possible. When i do mine ill probably do a summary of the process just to help future people. again good job !

Comment

I was discharged in Jan.. Now a collector is calling me all day about 2 debts that were discharged in the chapter 7 bk. what can I do about this? my atty now won't help me to fix this, unless I pay him $450. (of course) how can I get all debts that were discharged, off of my credit report? how can a collector do this for "discharged/now dead debts?"

big question: how can I find out the date that I have to be out of my house(I surrendered it finally; after being in a chapter 13 for 2 yrs,(to save house),had atty and trustee problems(after I pd. over $25,000 into 5 yr plan), then converted to a 7 to just be done).

I wound up being foreclosed on anyway, but atty won't tell me the actual date to be out, and I don't know where to find this out. Foreclosure (sheriff) sale was middle of April. haven't had any further notices of this "housing" status. now what??
                            Last edited by movinahead; 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM. Reason: to make my post neater and easier to read.

Comment

Originally posted by movinahead View Post
                              I was discharged in Jan.. Now a collector is calling me all day about 2 debts that were discharged in the chapter 7 bk. what can I do about this?
                              my atty now won't help me to fix this, unless I pay him $450.
                              You an find an attorney that will take "egregious" stay violations on contingency.

(of course) how can I get all debts that were discharged off of my credit report?
                              If they are accurate, then you can't.

big question: how can I find out the date that I have to be out of my house... Foreclosure (sheriff) sale was middle of April. haven't had any further notices of this "housing" status. now what??
                              You wait until your creditor/bank asks you to leave. Or, you could ask your creditor what the status is. You can start by looking at your State/County recorder of deed's website (or property appraiser's website) to see who the current owner is. If it still shows you as the owner... then you are the owner.
                              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X