Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple Dittos!

Discharge, Sugar! Both words are sweet!

Go out and celebrate. I will be raising a glass in your honor!

Comment

Thank you all for the well wishes. I now know what it feels like to be discharged, but I also am confused about where I go from here!

The bank did send a reaffirmation agreement to me for my home, but told me I didn't need to sign it in order for the modification to stick! This week, they finally dropped their lis pendens and complaint in the Circuit Court, voluntarily! (Yep, no more foreclosure!) I never signed or submitted the reaffirmation! I owe no money on any home, and one of the cars was discharged as well. I'm just going to take it slow and suck it all in. Need to think about the house and whether I will stay or not in my investment home.

For all that I may do to help other people, you all don't know how much you have helped me. Sure I can help with the technical nitty gritty and procedure... but I didn't know what to do (2 years ago) as far as reaffirmations, redemption and the like! The mods are the best and it does help to have gone through the process.

I think I am technically about $8K in debt at this moment!

May we all continue to help one another through what -- I will tell you -- is not a trivial matter. I will leave you with these words... Plan, Plan, Plan!

Plan your Bankruptcy.
      Plan your Budget. (For Chapter 13 and post-Chapter 7 folks!)
      Plan your post-Bankruptcy Life!

P.S. lrprn, yes I'll be around. My case is still open because I'm in an Adversary Proceeding that I initiated as the Plaintiff!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Wonderful! I am so very happy for you!!!clapping:
        Filed Chapter 7 August 18,2009
        341 scheduled for Oct 7, 2009--DONE!
        Report of No Distribution Oct 8, 2009
        Discharged & Closed Dec. 14, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          yes I'll be around. My case is still open because I'm in an Adversary Proceeding that I initiated as the Plaintiff!

I'm really glad you are sticking around for a little while. This 14 day thread was starting to give me separation anxiety.

Comment

I could create a 1,635 day thread to keep you company!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations JB. It's been a long time coming, and it's so nice when it finally arrives.
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I could create a 1,635 day thread to keep you company!
                Aw that's very sweet of you, thank you. I was thinking about starting mine the first week in June to try to keep it closer to accurate. Since I filed 12/...omg...4? or 8? something like that lol...

I have paid in 6 payments, though, even though it's not technically the 6th month yet. Because the first one was due before the end of December, and I have made all the other payments early, just to be safe.

Comment

Headache? It was actually fun. Now, to finish my Adversary Proceeding. The creditor's attorney wants to talk.
                  Ever consider going to law school?

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by lezlovin View Post

CONGRATULATIONS!!
                    You want jb to become one of those people???

Comment

Originally posted by lezlovin View Post
                      Thank you and yes, I considered it, but it was going to be intellectual property law. My brother went through law school and I use to study with him and do mock trials. We were both in Boston at the time. He was at Boston College Law and I was across the river, in Cambridge, doing research.

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                      You want jb to become one of those people???
                      Eeewwwww!

Comment

Oh. I see. So you are almost one of those people anyway. Uh huh. See how ya are? A pro se ninja!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X