filed all of our paper work today, now the nerves set in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filed all of our paper work today, now the nerves set in

I am so stressed out now! UGH. We filed our petition 2 weeks ago and just turned all the other paper work in today and mailed off a big packet to our Trustee. Once my husband left with it all this morning, it was out of my hands and then I started second guessing myself on so many things! Im sure this is just a normal part of it. I dont know why Im so nervous. Probably because its Pro Se. We arent trying to hide anything at all. But Im worried about clerical errors or not filling things out correctly. Hopefully if thats the case, it wont be too hard to correct things.

341 is June 24. I hope I dont work myself into a frenzy by then!
    Filed Ch.7 Pro Se 5-20-10
    341 scheduled 6-24-10

I fussed and fretted and second guessed myself too when I filed. Breathe. It'll be ok. If there are corrections to be made, you will have the opportunity after your 341.

Comment

Exactly what Tigergem said! The minute my paperwork was picked up by the FedEx guy, I started thinking about what I screwed up. My file copies are so dog-eared from me flipping through them. It's funny now, but was not so much then.

I had to amend a couple of my forms because a check I thought would've cleared before m official filing day of course did not clear until the very next day. I made some changes to my expenses as well, and I was thoroughly convinced this would be some huge flag and my trustee would think I was trying to pull a fast one.

Then I read on this forum one night that our district's female trustee routinely scheduled appraisers to come to your home. I don't think I slept for 3 days after that -- not because I was hiding anything, but just that maybe I forgot to list the blender that was in the unreachable cabinet behind my fridge would be 'discovered'. I can't tell you to relax because the beautiful feeling of relief just doesn't come until after your 341 and then after the 60-day period after that. Little steps...but it will all work out. I haven't read too many instances of big surprises or negative outcomes.
      Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/12/10 341 held: 2/16/10 Discharged and Closed: 4/20/10
      Stopped Mortgage Pymts: 5/1/10 Moving to Rental: 7/2/10. Hoping Wells Fargo forecloses in 6 months tops

Comment

Many times the worrying is just a waste of time and energy.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Many times the worrying is just a waste of time and energy.
          I agree. But did you catch my post about actually having a bad lucid dream about one wrong pivotal word in my Objection to a Claim? Some of us can't help ourselves lol.

Comment

If you woke up screaming "I Object!", then I will start to worry, tiger.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
              If you woke up screaming "I Object!", then I will start to worry, tiger.
              Noooo.... but I did get up in the middle of the night to recheck my copy.

(It was fine, I had used the correct word.)

Comment

Poornow, I completely understand your nerves. But know that you've got a great resource in all of the folks here on the forums.

After I filed I felt the same way. I was terrified that I screwed something up - and indeed, I did. I neglected to exempt my home equity on my schedules! I simply amended the filing and, in fact, I actually served the trustee at my 341 hearing!

Here's the deal - generally speaking, if you make and error, you're going to be able to fix it. In most cases, the amendments don't cost a thing (unless you're updating your creditor lists that's usually an extra $26). Take it easy. You'll be fine.
                4/14/2010 Filed Chp. 7 Pro Se :blink: 5/17/2010 341 Hearing :blush2: 5/17/2010 Trustee's Initial Report Filed :yahoo: 6/4/2010 Final Trustee Report of No Distribution :clapping: 8/2/2010 Reaffirmation Hearing (Approved) :clapping: 8/11/2010 Discharged!
                I am not an attorney. You should not consider any of my statements to be legal advice.

Comment

ok I know of an error I made. We sold a car 2 months ago for $19K. I never reported it anywhere on the Statement of Financial Affairs. I see now where it was asking for that info. Im sure the Trustee will want to know what we spent that money on. 2 exempt vehicles, medical expenses and exempt household items. Should I call them or should I just wait and see if it comes up and then be ready to explain it?
                  341 scheduled 6-24-10

Comment

That's a toughie. The TT is not going to like to see that you took non exempt funds to apply to exempt items. That could be construed as abusive.

The medical payments prior to BK won't be an issue for you, though they should be reported in case the TT wants to claw it back into the estate.

Curious - are you a no asset case? Do you have a lot of unused homestead exemption to apply towards some (or all) of that 19k?
                    4/14/2010 Filed Chp. 7 Pro Se :blink: 5/17/2010 341 Hearing :blush2: 5/17/2010 Trustee's Initial Report Filed :yahoo: 6/4/2010 Final Trustee Report of No Distribution :clapping: 8/2/2010 Reaffirmation Hearing (Approved) :clapping: 8/11/2010 Discharged!
                    I am not an attorney. You should not consider any of my statements to be legal advice.

Comment

We are a no asset case. Except for our 2 cars we own that are below our state exemption. We have a friend that is an attorney to a BK trustee here in our state. We asked him if we could sell the car and buy exempt items and he said yes, absolutly This was a couple months before we filed. So we went ahead and did it. He said just be sure we can show how we spent the money. So Im not very worried about that. But now you have me worried. Id like to let them know about it before they come to me about it, so they can know that Im not trying to hide anything. Should I call the clerk? The trustee? I dont know what to do.
                      341 scheduled 6-24-10

Comment

Originally posted by PoorNow View Post
                        ok I know of an error I made. We sold a car 2 months ago for $19K. I never reported it anywhere on the Statement of Financial Affairs.
                        You need to "amend" your Statement of Financial Affairs. Please realize that this will probably bring more questions at your 341 Meeting.

You would not call anyone about this, since you filed pro se. You would simply file the new SOFA and I would mail a courtesy copy to the Trustee.

Comment

OK Thank you Justbroke. When I ammend it, do I just ammend the page that needs ammending, or do I send in a whole new SOFA? How do I mark it as an ammendment? Should I include a letter to the trustee explaining this with the amendment? Thank you for your help. It has been so valuable to me. All of you.
                          341 scheduled 6-24-10

Comment

Originally posted by PoorNow View Post
                            OK Thank you Justbroke. When I ammend it, do I just ammend the page that needs ammending, or do I send in a whole new SOFA? How do I mark it as an ammendment? Should I include a letter to the trustee explaining this with the amendment? Thank you for your help. It has been so valuable to me. All of you.
                            No explanation letter. Just make sure the new SOFA has the word "amended" somewhere near the caption (usually above it good). I believe that an amended SOFA would include everything (the old stuff plus the new stuff).

Please know that you'll probably get questions on this at the 341 Meeting. The primary of which is whether you received fair market value. The other will be... so where are the proceeds?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X