top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I add on interest to car loan included in CH 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I add on interest to car loan included in CH 13?

Do I add interest to repay the balance on my car? HELP! I'm filing today.

Thank you!

Have you reviewed Nolo's book on Chapter 13? Its less than $20 to download (check out retailmenot.com for an offer code) and it should answer a lot of your questions for you.

You're very brave to file CH13 pro per. Very few get their plans confirmed, but it can be done (just ask JB and tiger).

Sorry, I've had very little experience in 13s, but again, I think that book will be a great help and its cheap to download.
    4/14/2010 Filed Chp. 7 Pro Se :blink: 5/17/2010 341 Hearing :blush2: 5/17/2010 Trustee's Initial Report Filed :yahoo: 6/4/2010 Final Trustee Report of No Distribution :clapping: 8/2/2010 Reaffirmation Hearing (Approved) :clapping: 8/11/2010 Discharged!
    I am not an attorney. You should not consider any of my statements to be legal advice.

Comment

You really shouldn't be filing today if you haven't even worked out your Motion for Valuation and Till rate yet. Constructing your plan is a work of art that cannot and should not be rushed. Just the fact that you were calling the cram down "lien stripping" two days ago raises red flags to me that you don't understand what you are dealing with. Not to be harsh, but more than 95% of Pro Se Chapter 13s get dismissed because people don't know what they are doing. I would rather see you take your time, understand what you are doing, and be successful.

Comment

Exactly what tiger wrote. Chapter 13s are different, primarily because you need to write a "contract" known as the Chapter 13 Plan of Reorganization. Many people just call it the Plan, but make no mistake, it's binding document on you and your creditors once confirmed. Any mistakes and you have to live with them or attempt to get them modified through a hearing process.

One such gotcha is valuation, cramdown and setting the right interest rate based on Till.

If all this sounds Greek, then you aren't ready to file.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by trigabyte1 View Post
          Have you reviewed Nolo's book on Chapter 13? Its less than $20 to download (check out retailmenot.com for an offer code) and it should answer a lot of your questions for you.

You're very brave to file CH13 pro per. Very few get their plans confirmed, but it can be done (just ask JB and tiger).

Sorry, I've had very little experience in 13s, but again, I think that book will be a great help and its cheap to download.
          Hey! Thank you! When I couldn't get answers here, I broke down and followed your advice - right down to the coupon coupon code that saved me four bucks! I really appreciate what you wrote. It was extremely helpful.

You were right!

All I had to do was find a calculator that gave interest and payment. It was simple thanks to you!

The ironic part is I had my docs reviewed yesterday by a lawyer and she didn't catch it - it just stuck in my craw from all my research. I really appreciate your post. It only changed my plan by 7-8 bucks, but I realize it's important to be exact!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X