Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amendment

Hi there, we filed chapter 7 last week, pro se. I received a letter today from the trustee asking about question 9 on the financial affairs page. I forgot to list our credit counseling and the $$ we paid to a preparer (which btw I ended up having to redo several of the documents)...actually this is a question the preparer checked no to and I just forgot to change it before we filed. Any way, so now we have to send a letter explaining why it was checked no and then file an amendment.

My question is does anyone know if there's a special form for the amendment or do I just fix the paperwork and send a copy to the court clerks office and tell them its an amendment? BTW the clerks office I have to go to is 1 1/2 hours away each way so I'm probably just going to be doing it by mail.

Any input is appreciated!!

In Ohio, you are required to submit an "Amendments to petition...." form with all amended documents. There is $26 fee if you are amending schedules D,E,F and G or any changes to the matrix of creditos list.

Comment

You need to read the local rules. If you amend any schedule, you generally need to file a new statistics summary and declaration of debtor as well. You also need to include the $26 as mentioned.

If you are ever "unsure" call your case manager and ask a "procedural" question. Don't ask how to fill out a form, but you can ask which forms are necessary when filing an amendment. You also need to mark the forms that they are amended, and local rule will dictate whether you just add the change or resubmit the entire form again.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X