State Taxes and chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Taxes and chapter 7

I was in the proces of being garnished from the state for back taxes before filling. i had talked with them and tried to set up payment agreements before i filed(or thought i was going to file) i received another notice from them today (i filed on the 30th of april)
    shold i call them and explain that i am in the BK process. I know that i might not get the taxes dismissed, but a bit of time would help us put some $ aside to pay.

Yes, they are stayed from collecting or attempting to collect until the earlier of your case dismissing, closing or a discharge being granted. Did you include them as a creditor on your mailing matrix? If so, then it's a stay violation for them to harass you.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

i did include them on my matrix

Comment

Well, you should send them a letter, certified mail return receipt requested, advising them that they are in violation of the Stay and that further attempts to collect during the stay will be met with a motion for sanctions.

But, if you are pro se and don't know all this procedural stuff, you may just want to call them and make sure they record your case number.

How if your case progressing otherwise?
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The case is great. I had a bit of a surprise at the 341 stating we owed wages, and have to pay 700 to the trustee, but other than that it has all been smooth sailing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X