Filing Clerks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing Clerks....

So, I called the court yesterday to find out how things were coming along toward my discharge. Sure, it's Los Angeles and they're backed up - but seriously, I filed in January, 341 in Feb. submitted all paperwork, did a Reaffirmation... It's been half a year!

I am on hold for 30 minutes, but I've got time.

A clerk finally answers and goes to my case. She says I did paperwork wrong in relation to 2nd financial management class. Something about not turning in the certificate - only the certification that I took the class - plus there were some creditors listed on it... WTF???

So, I go on Pacer and the certification document (which is ALL you have to send it for the 2nd class) was duly entered - but there was a second page from SOMEONE ELSE'S BK attached to it - with 3 creditors listed!!

I don't know if that's what is hanging me up - or if they are just slow, slow, slow. They haven't entered my reaff yet.

Now I have to find time when my boss isn't in the office, to go on line, print out the paper, place another call to the court (should I ask my my "case manager" or just take my chances with whomever answers the phone?).

What a pain! I want my fresh start!!!!!! GAAAH!
    11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

I'm willing to bet that is the first time a government worker has screwed up in years :-)

Comment

Always speak with your case manager. Never talk to the intake clerks. Your case manager is who manages YOUR docket.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

HGolightly - - Did you get it straightened out?

Comment

Not yet. I work in an office with my boss and one other person. I can't make any phone calls (especially about this stuff) - until my boss is not in the office. I have to wait until day after tomorrow to place a call.

Question - to get to my case manager, do I just tell the clerk who answers the phone I want to talk to my case manager? I'd hate to wait the usual 30 minutes on hold and then be told I have the wrong number...

Thanks for any help!
          11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

Comment

Originally posted by HGolightly View Post

Question - to get to my case manager, do I just tell the clerk who answers the phone I want to talk to my case manager? I'd hate to wait the usual 30 minutes on hold and then be told I have the wrong number...

Thanks for any help!
            Yes, ask whomever answers the phone for your case manager.

Comment

Or, if your District publishes the phone list, just look up your Case Manager. Your Case Manager works for a specific Judge and for specific set of cases. For example, in my District, the Case Managers are assigned by the last 2 digits of the case number. Your District may organize cases differently.

You can usually tell your Case Manager because they are usually the person who predominantly enters things on the docket when you personally submit them to the Court. This isn't a 100% guarantee, but in my case, with over 200 docket entries, it's readily apparent.
              Last edited by justbroke; 06-29-2010, 12:20 PM.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oh, I don't think my district publishes their phone list like that. I didn't know they did that. Sorry, HGolightly, if I steered you wrong on that one. Half the time, it is my case manager who answers the phone in the first place. Of course, I doubt seriously that we have an district operation on the scale of Los Angeles.

Comment

I do live in one of the largest Districts in the Country. Something about Florida and bankruptcy these days... but Florida has always had 2 of the largest Districts in the Country (Southern and Middle).

tiger, you didn't steer them wrong. Just another way to skin the cat... so to speak.

Comment

Wow, California is really backed up. I feel for you.

Everything in Seattle is quick, quick, quick. Even my amendments were entered next day when I sent them by mail. I wanted to kiss the clerk, and my BK was closed four days after my discharge.

Hang in there.
                    Last edited by SeattleBK; 07-03-2010, 03:50 PM.
                    02-12-2009, Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se
                    03-24-2009, 341
                    05-28-2009, Discharged!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X