Update on my almost closed Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on my almost closed Chapter 7

Hi All. My last day for objections is July 23. I called Friday and so far there are no objections He said dont even call back until four business days after that, that way the people have time to clear their desks of possible mailed in objections. He said then I can call and ask if everything on my case is ready to go for dischargability. I am so ready for this to be over. I have so many other things going on right now. I will let everyone know also if it goes through and also if the FEDERAL LOAN hold is taken off my student account automatically, of if it turns out to be a hassle to get it remvoed :P Anyone got any advice for this stage of it?

Cool. Almost done! Good for you! I hope the federal loan thing goes smoothly for you as well.

Comment

Thanks Tigergem! Today was the last day. I checked at noon but they had until 5 and i didnt check it again. I will check monday. if no objections they say ill be discharged in about a week, so that is next friday. thanks for the good luck on my loans. I do not kno what to do about those anymore. Im searching for a job becuase i dont feel like i can depend on those anymore :P

Comment

ps does anyone know if you can applky for a credit card while bankruptcy is pending? I did today but its not officially discharged yet. i may ask this in a separate post.

Comment

Yes, you can apply. It's not recommended, but you can. I certainly would wait until your discharge hits your credit reports, as that will give you a bounce in points, and show the lenders that you received your discharge.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

JB thanks !!! and im going to make a seperate post celbrating cause i got a dicharge!

Comment

Originally posted by lezlovin View Post
              JB thanks !!! and im going to make a seperate post celbrating cause i got a dicharge!

You did? Cool! Congratulations!

Comment

Sure did Oh and the credit app was denied .

Comment

FEDERAL LOAN HOLD update

just so everyone knows two weeks after my discharge the college account sitll had FEDERAL - LOAN HOLD. i wound up brniging my discharge paperwork to the lady in charge of that, and she was able to remove it. so glad that fiasco is over.

Comment

Glad you were able to get that resolved! Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X