• Show
Clear All

exemptions---va

hi all
    i live in va..i have a 2005 nissan altima owe about 9200
    its worth about 8000 i would say
    i also hv a 2001 chevy impala with no lien
    but the engine is gone in it. it is un driveable..wont even start
    what do u suggest i list for its value??

2nd quest---my mom got furniture for me on HER acct...but i make the pmts every month...do i list this as an expense? i kno i cant list them as a creditor
    since its not in my name right?
    im soo confused

Originally posted by felice View Post
    i also hv a 2001 chevy impala with no lien
    but the engine is gone in it. it is un driveable..wont even start
    what do u suggest i list for its value??
    Try Kelley Blue Book online. Deduct some amount for the engine ($1-$2K).

2nd quest---my mom got furniture for me on HER acct...but i make the pmts every month...do i list this as an expense? i kno i cant list them as a creditor since its not in my name right?
    Not unless your mom filed a UCC-1 or "chattel" with the appropriate State agency in order to register her "lien" on the property. It is highly unlikely that she did, and as such, your mom has an unsecured lien. Therefore she's an unsecured creditor and you can't count it as an expense.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

thanks for ur responses! a lil clarity...i make the monthly pmt directly 2 the furniture company.. so am i supposed to list the actual company as a creditor?? i guess im confused as 2 whether i need 2 even put down that i make this pmt..and if i do im not sure how 2 go about it....?
      the acct is in her name she just let me get bedroom furn on it bcuz she had pd her acct off to a zero balance...

Comment

thanks for ur responses! a lil clarity...i make the monthly pmt directly 2 the furniture company.. so am i supposed to list the actual company as a creditor?? i guess im confused as 2 whether i need 2 even put down that i make this pmt..and if i do im not sure how 2 go about it....?
        the acct is in her name she just let me get bedroom furn on it bcuz she had pd her acct off to a zero balance...
        I believe what JustBroke is saying is that your mom would have to keep making the payments for you or file a claim because its not your credit card - its hers, therefore you cannot claim it as an unsecured debt.

I'm sure Justbroke will chime in and break it down

Comment

It's not legally your account, so you cannot claim it. You can't claim the "actual company" as a creditor since you're not their "actual customer." You, personally, have no "actual" account.

It doesn't matter how much money you put down. Legally, you are not obligated to pay. Your mom never placed a lien upon the furniture, so the furniture is unencumbered and is what they call "unsecured" property.

Bottom line is that you can't put it down. You can list your mom as a creditor on Schedule F (General Unsecured Creditors), but that's about it.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

thank u both! ijust didnt know howto proceed. thanks again

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X