top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help!im sorry but im still confused--and second guessing this and im filing friday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help!im sorry but im still confused--and second guessing this and im filing friday!

i posted earlier, that my mom got some bedroom furniture for me on her acct in her name, but i pay the bill. am i supposed to list this as an expense as to what i pay out everymonth? its clearly on my bank statements because i always pay by my debit card. i just didnt know what to do......i have listed the furniture on my sched b and exempted it on sched c....of course i owe more than its worth because furniture has a high markup...just not sure what to do and how to proceed.
    pls help im filing friday.

Nope, it is not an allowable expense. Essentially, you are paying your mother as if she is a creditor.

Comment

I thought we answered this question twice already. It is not an expense. You have no legal reason to pay it. Your mom is an unsecured creditor. If you want to list her, list her on Schedule F.

Your prior thread was here.

The furniture would go on Schedule B as personal property, and would be exempted on Schedule C just as you have it. However, your mom is not a secured creditor so she can't go on Schedule D. Your mom would need to be listed on Schedule F as a general unsecured creditor.

You will not owe anything on it since there is no lien to secure the property making it an unsecured debt. You will own it outright after your bankruptcy discharges.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

thanks so much im sorry just broke i just am sooo nervous about this whole thing and dont want the trustee to think im trying to hide anything, and i was a little unclear of your first response, but i am clear now. thanks a million!

Comment

If you want to list the debt that you owe to your mother -- which you do owe - -you can list it on Schedule F. You would still do the things that you are already preparing to do with Schedule B and C.

I know you're nervous, just as I was and many others have been and will be in the future. The hardest part about filing Pro Se is completing the forms accurately. We are here to answer your questions, and the collective experience of all the Pro Se and attorney-filed debtors is only a post away!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X