top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharged today : Celebrate good times come on !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged today : Celebrate good times come on !

wow it feels so good !!! To know i did it without a lawyer despite all the warnings aginst doing so and wahoo to find out today i talked to the courtr clerk he discharged my case today and i shoudl recieve discharge papers in the mail. that was a MISERABLE experience and im sure glad its over!!!!!! shake your groove thing shake your groove thing

ps the only thing left to update is if that damn federal loan hold comes off my student account on its own or if its a big struggle like mailng copies of discharge papers to people and things... ill let everyone know

thank you so much all for all your support!!! its much appreciated Good luck to all the pro se filers who are still going thru it!

i am just so happy i took the plunge and did it instead of keep waiting of an infinite number of years until i could afford a lawyer. i waited 3 years to file on these 3 year old devbts. i could have had 3 of the 10 yrs of bk on my record out of the awy. oh well its so great that is over!!!!

P.S. i think filing pro se is an experience to never forget. Those of us who file pro se are tough as nails!!! were among the elite , !!!! Go us!!!

everyone else is too big a chicken and has to get a lawyer. were smart as lawyers without going to law school

Comment

Amen to that! I just filed a Motion to Modify and 2 objections to claims. Last week I was in the BK office to withdraw a document and ask some questions and she said to me "Well that is why most people who file Chapter 13 use an attorney"... and I'm like... I am CONFIRMED and 8 months into having this baby, so I guess it's a little late to change my mind!

Congratulations! I am so proud of you and so happy for you!

Comment

Congratulations!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oh that is great to hear. Congratulations and I agree is an experience
          I'll never forget either! Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by lezlovin View Post
            were smart as lawyers without going to law school
            Well I'm happy for you and everything, but that right there is stretching it a bit. You probably don't even know any Latin, for God's sake.
            Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
              Well I'm happy for you and everything, but that right there is stretching it a bit. You probably don't even know any Latin, for God's sake.

((((( MS!!!! ))))) Where you been hiding? Hey I learned some latin. Even started a thread about it around here somewhere.

Comment

My favorite Latin words:
                • res judicata
                • sua sponte
                • in rem
                • in personam
                • void ab initio (one of my favorites!)
                • locus standi (made my creditor attorney look it up!)
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  My favorite Latin words:
                  • res judicata
                  • sua sponte
                  • in rem
                  • in personam
                  • void ab initio (one of my favorites!)
                  • locus standi (made my creditor attorney look it up!)
                  locus standi. Yeah ok. I looked it up and I still don't understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                    locus standi. Yeah ok. I looked it up and I still don't understand it.
                    It's simply just "standing".

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                      It's simply just "standing".
                      huh. wiki-law gives a far more complicated (convoluted) definition than that.

Comment

haha awesome dood! Congrats!!!!

Comment

((((( ms!!!! ))))) where you been hiding? Hey i learned some latin. Even started a thread about it around here somewhere.
                          (((((( ))))))) Well, I've been working my butt off -- nights, weekends, and nights on weekends -- putting the screws to payday lenders, title loan establishments and "family finance" companies and other various and sundry loan sharks and debt collectors who would rather get their "low, low interst rate" of 127% per year than see kids eat. I forced myself to take this Friday through Monday off.

I've just been too tired to do here what I do at work all day.

I love my job.
                          Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                            (((((( ))))))) Well, I've been working my butt off -- nights, weekends, and nights on weekends -- putting the screws to payday lenders, title loan establishments and "family finance" companies and other various and sundry loan sharks and debt collectors who would rather get their "low, low interst rate" of 127% per year than see kids eat. I forced myself to take this Friday through Monday off.

I've just been too tired to do here what I do at work all day.

I love my job.
                            I know you do love it. Try to relax. I know, sometimes easier said than done, but do your best!

Comment

huh. wiki-law gives a far more complicated (convoluted) definition than that.
                              Of course... but the bottom line is standing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X