Credit Cards already paid/Disputed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Cards already paid/Disputed?

Since the credit cards are gonna be discharged redgardless, does it matter if I mark disputed? In other words, does it make the proceedings any longer with a bunch of 'disputed' claims on schedule F?

Reason I ask is, I have 12 or so positive creditors on my report and 10 negative. So will they go through the 12 one-by-one and ask why I dispute it?

Marking disputed on Schedule F really doesn't do anything. It would only come up if you or your creditor were contesting it inside the bankruptcy. It may also matter for Chapter 13 debtors where there are limits on how much unsecured debt they can have that is undisputed, noncontingent and liquidated.

Your credit report has nothing to do with what's on Schedule F, while things on Schedule F are probably on your credit report.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I marked all of my debts as disputed so the door was open for objections if I needed to file them. As it turned out, I only had 6 creditors file claims. 2 have been disallowed. 2 more are still pending objection.

Comment

thanks for the help!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X