Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge Day For Me, yea!

Hi Guys,

It seems slightly anti-climatic because I was expecting it. But it is really good to have the paper in front of me.
    [I wound up going to court today because I hadn't received word; and they eventually came up with a Discharge [Official Form 18 the most impt form]. One small odd thing: the clerk told me they are only sending parts 1 & 2, and that I'd have to go back to get part 3 (which concerns amounts of discharge). (Maggie at Public Counsel said she never heard of it.]

Anyway, [this is sort of bad] one of my first thoughts was that I can't file bk again for 8 years.
    [One could seriously reflect on that. Suppose you're hit (just out of bk) with a catastrophic illness; no way of paying your debts.
    Let's not think about that now. ]

I like the wording of the discharge:
    "It appearing that the debtor is entitled to a discharge, IT IS ORDERED:
    The debtor is granted a discharge under ..."

There is a perplexity here perhaps. Suppose the debtor was (really?) not entitled to a discharge (due, say, to undetected fraulence which later came to light). Since the Court, by ordering the discharge, makes it the case that it is discharged, based merely on it "appearing that the debtor is entitled" then the discharge can't be touched. [The underlying principle is a peculiar one. If it appears that X, then X.]

[[I wish this forum could now transform into a moneymaking-type forum. I've begun looking for some sort of employment. I need to earn some income quickly. This job searching business is foreign to me. As the economic reports get bleaker and bleaker. I think this week I may go register as a film extra, and see what that's about.]]

Thanks, all of you, for helping me get here. I can't imagine what it would have been like without the forum.
    Grassfish

Congratulations Goldfish. I hope that everything works out well for you.
    4/14/2010 Filed Chp. 7 Pro Se :blink: 5/17/2010 341 Hearing :blush2: 5/17/2010 Trustee's Initial Report Filed :yahoo: 6/4/2010 Final Trustee Report of No Distribution :clapping: 8/2/2010 Reaffirmation Hearing (Approved) :clapping: 8/11/2010 Discharged!
    I am not an attorney. You should not consider any of my statements to be legal advice.

Comment

Absolutely congratulations. Sorry I missed this the other day. Yes, I too like the working... "IT APPEARING". And yes, a discharge can be vacated. But, don't worry about that.

This is a P=NP issue. Don't try to figure it out.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations Goldgrass! Here's hoping that nothing further happens to warrant another filing for you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X