Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing Electronically?

Has anyone done this?

You fill out a form and attach your documents (PDF format, except the matrix which is in Word.) You can also pay online. You get a case number once you submit.

Any experiences?
    I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
    Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Through ECF/CM? I didn't think you could do this unless you were an attorney, admitted with the appropriate district court. Even I'm an attorney and I don't believe I can file pro se through the ECF/CM system, simply because if an attorney goes pro se, they're not considered an "attorney" as far as the law is concerned.

If you're going through another website, I'd be weary... it could be a scam.
    Bazinga!

Comment

I would be leery, I just went to the PACER website to root around and see if I could find out what you are talking about and couldn't find it. Maybe you can post a link to what you are talking about. But I agree with the above, CM/ECF is attorney only land as far as I know.

Comment

As an avid pro se filer, I asked about getting CM/ECF access -- the "real" docket side of PACER -- and they don't give it unless you are a member of the bar and admitted to practice before the U.S. District or Bankruptcy Court. Having direct docket access is a serious thing and an attorney's professional reputation, and license, is on the line.

Additionally, even attorneys that are admitted and want to use CM/ECF, must take training.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X