Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Schedule F question

Hi All!

Just quickie. When filling out Schedule F I have multiple credit collectors, etc for the same debt. I am putting them all down so they get off my back ASAP!

What do I put under the Amount of Claim column for them? It seems strange to have the same debt listed 5 times because there are 5 agencies trying to collect on it.

Thanks a bunch!

From what I've seen so far, many people list the original creditor, then the collection agencies underneath, with "" marks for the amount.

For example:
    Creditor: Amount:

Original Creditor Company $7000

Evil Collection Agency $""
    (Collector For Original Creditor Company)

Vindictive Collectors $""
    (Collector For Original Creditor Company)

And so on. Be sure you only include each debt once when calculating your total unsecured debt.
    This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Comment

I know that many Districts absolutely do not like "quotation" marks to signify a repeat. You should always fill in text and never use "ditto" marks for something.

In the "Date Claim was Incurred and Consideration" column, just put "duplicate" and mark the "disputed" column. Also, I put "For Notification ONLY" on all duplicate accounts, in that "Date Claim was Incurred..." column, as the last line. For example:

April 2008
      Collection Account
      FOR NOTIFICATION ONLY
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm just listing the original creditors on Schedule F. I'm listing the creditors and all the collection agencies on the matrix, that way they will get notice and leave my phone alone.
        I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
        Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X