top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Income/Expenses when living with parents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income/Expenses when living with parents.

I'm about ready to file pro se and I'm struggling a bit with listing my income/expenses since I am unemployed and live with my parents. When my father gives me $5 to eat lunch, should I specify this sort of thing as other income on Line 13 of Schedule I? The amount for everything else on that form would be $0.

Likewise, should I mention list amounts for things such a utilities on Schedule J? I do contribute to the price of the electrical bill, but I don't pay the bill myself. There are 6 people in the house so it's should I just claim 1/6 of the bill amount as my expense?

Finally, do I claim 1 or 6 as my household size on the Means-test? There are 6 people in the household, but none of the other 5 are my dependents.

Even though you're going to file pro se, it would benefit you to get a couple of free consultations with bankruptcy attorneys and get these important questions answered.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Originally posted by mrcharles View Post
      When my father gives me $5 to eat lunch, should I specify this sort of thing as other income on Line 13 of Schedule I?
      If this happens every day, then it's income. If it's random, then it's not "regular" income.

The amount for everything else on that form would be $0.
      Likewise, should I mention list amounts for things such a utilities on Schedule J? I do contribute to the price of the electrical bill, but I don't pay the bill myself. There are 6 people in the house so it's should I just claim 1/6 of the bill amount as my expense?
      If you live in "their" home, then you don't personally have an electric bill.

Finally, do I claim 1 or 6 as my household size on the Means-test? There are 6 people in the household, but none of the other 5 are my dependents.
      You claim 6. Household is defined by the "Census" bureau definition.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X