Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citing exemption laws

Hi all,
    Sorry if this has been posted before, but I have a question on Schedule C for listing the laws for your exemptions. In the back of the NOLO book I have, it has under my state, laws listed like 427.010b(1) (just as an example), is this all that you write down in the column for a particular exemption, or is their a certain way they want you to do legal citations, for example, do they want you to input the little section symbol too?

I know I'm probably over-thinking this process too much...must be the pre-filing jitters getting the best of me!

Thanks everyone!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

You write the citation of a Statute or U.S. Code just as they have listed. However, I would add the State abreviation as well.

Yes -- "F.S. 222.25(4)"
    Yes -- "Florida Statute 222.25(4)"
    No -- "222.25(4)"

Yes -- "Fla. Const. Art. X Sec. 4"
    Yes -- "Florida Constitution Article X Section 4"
    No -- "Art. X Sec. 4"
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks justbroke!

I'm glad I asked this question, because the ways you have listed NOT to do it, well, that was the way I was thinking about listing it...so I appreciate the help!
      Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
      341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
      Discharged: 03/29/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X