top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the order you list your name matter??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the order you list your name matter??

Hello,

I may have a ridiculous question here, but....

I need to know about placing one's name at the top of the forms, where is says "In re". Does it matter the order in which you list your name, because on mine, I've been listing First, Middle, Last. Is that o.k., or do they prefer Last, First, Middle, or does it even matter?
    I certainly hope it doesn't matter, because many of the forms don't apply to me, so I would hate to have to go back and print all of these out again! lol
    I know I should have asked this beforehand, but it just recently occurred to me of whether or not they could get picky about something like this.

Thanks!!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

For what it's worth, I listed our first, middle, last. To be honest, I don't remember if I read instructions that said to do so, or if I just went by examples I found. Once you get through all the paperwork, your brain just feels like mush Nobody objected to the way we listed it, so I'm assuming it's acceptable. We made it through our 341 without any issue.

**note: just checked my mom's paperwork. She filed in TN. Her attorney also listed first, middle, last.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Generally speaking, when you see "In Re: ____________________" at the top of a page, it will be First Middle Last on that line. The purpose of that line is to know which case the form belongs to.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
        For what it's worth, I listed our first, middle, last. To be honest, I don't remember if I read instructions that said to do so, or if I just went by examples I found. Once you get through all the paperwork, your brain just feels like mush Nobody objected to the way we listed it, so I'm assuming it's acceptable. We made it through our 341 without any issue.

**note: just checked my mom's paperwork. She filed in TN. Her attorney also listed first, middle, last.
        That's good news! I really didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but it never hurts to be sure and be on the safe side. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Generally speaking, when you see "In Re: ____________________" at the top of a page, it will be First Middle Last on that line. The purpose of that line is to know which case the form belongs to.
          My reasoning was that if they wanted it a certain way, they would probably specify an order, so without one, I assumed it meant your whole name as you would usually write it.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X