Filed Ch7 today! Found 2 errors, sadly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed Ch7 today! Found 2 errors, sadly.

Chapter 7, No Assets. Thanks for the help from this board. You guys are great. Wish I could say a is in order, but finally doing it seems more of a

I should have caught these stupid errors. I hope they aren't fatal

1) The Summary doesn't match Schedule B (Personal Property), it's ~$60 too high (auto ins. autopay) because I forget to correct it when I finalized my Schedules B and C today. The filed Schedules B and C are correct.

2) I forgot to list a $110/month storage fee on Schedule J. It is mentioned on Schedule G and Statement of Intention. I provisionally qualify under the means test regardless.
    3/7/11 -

Not to worry. I don't think those two errors are detrimental. No need for an amendment. There's stuff that I left off my application, too, such as a negative balance on a checking account. The bank sent me a bill and all I did was send them a letter saying the account was includeded in my bk, along with a copy of my bk notice. I'm just giving you an example of things mistakenly left out on the petition. If the trustee doesn't ask about it at the 341 meeting, then don't bring it up.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement.
      3/7/11 -

Comment

I would recommend preparing the corrections so that you have them ready to file if necessary after your 341, but also be prepared to have to perform other additional corrections shortly after your 341. Take a copy for sure that you can mark up, and a note book, so you can make notes to make that chore easier afterward, should it be necessary. Some Trustees are that much of a stickler for details, no matter how immaterial they may be. Just my experience.

Comment

We had a couple of things accidentally omitted from our filing too. At the 341, when asked by the trustee if everything was true and correct, the answer was yes, but.......

A brief explanation of the things omitted and the trustee said thanks, but not to worry. It didn't matter to the trustee, but the honesty was appreciated.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
            I would recommend preparing the corrections so that you have them ready to file if necessary after your 341, but also be prepared to have to perform other additional corrections shortly after your 341. Take a copy for sure that you can mark up, and a note book, so you can make notes to make that chore easier afterward, should it be necessary. Some Trustees are that much of a stickler for details, no matter how immaterial they may be. Just my experience.
            i agree with you tiger...some of these trustee's are bad...i personally would amend the petition...only because one never knows what can come back to bite you later...just not worth it.

but of course it's up to the op how to proceed...i'm just parinoid and reviewed by petition 12 times before it was submitted for"final"....even wanted to sleep on it with fresh eyes....but everyone is different and if one feels comfortable then i suppose it's ones one choice.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
              I would recommend preparing the corrections so that you have them ready to file if necessary after your 341, but also be prepared to have to perform other additional corrections shortly after your 341.
              My copy of the PDFs have already been corrected. I'm inclined to go with the "if the trustee doesn't mention it..." theory of things. If he does, apologize for the error and ask if an amended filing is necessary.
              3/7/11 -

Comment

Originally posted by randian View Post
                My copy of the PDFs have already been corrected. I'm inclined to go with the "if the trustee doesn't mention it..." theory of things. If he does, apologize for the error and ask if an amended filing is necessary.
                hopefully it will not even come up....and it's a busy court day! best of luck...it will alright either way i believe.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X