BK clerk entered my mailing address wrong on pacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK clerk entered my mailing address wrong on pacer

I filed pro se by mail, I received my receipt which had a typo in the spelling of my last name,I called the bk clerk and she corrected it because it was her error, but I just noticed today on pacer that when she fixed the spelling of my last name she removed 1 of the numbers in my mailing address. All my creditors received the notice of my BK filing & 341 meeting which had the spelling of my name wrong but correct address, then she sent a second notice to them with the corrected name but with my mailing address wrong. I have left a phone message for her to correct it. Monday is my 341 meeting, I will call the BK clerk again first thing Monday to make sure it gets corrected.

My concern is.... I don't know what information the trustee has at the 341 meeting...
    when I am asked to verify my address, will he have a hard copy of my petition which has everything correct, or will he be looking at a print out of pacer,or is he looking at a ledger with the full days list of filers that should be there?
    My question is: What paperwork does the trustee have at the 341 meeting?
    This is in LosAngeles.

The Trustee will have a hard copy of your petition because that is your legal document.

However, you need to have that address corrected and if it was her error, she needs to send out a correction to all of your creditors so they know where to reach you.
    I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
    Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

A wrong physical street address for the debtor(s) is not going to affect the notification aspect of the case. Just make sure that you have your case manager correct your street address. It mostly just affects you and perhaps receipt of served papers. For me, I always was three steps ahead of the mail by checking PACER during the pendency of my case.

You should be checking the Trustee's website -- now that you should know the name of the Trustee assigned -- and validate what the requirements are. You may want to call on the Trustee's office as well, to make sure you provide all required paperwork to them prior to your 341 Meeting.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I had my 341 today, and the clerk did correct my address prior to my meeting. I verified it on pacer.
        The meeting went smooth, I had emailed and mailed my 09 tax forms to the trustees office 2 weeks ago but he said he didn't have them and the copy I had at the meeting was just fine.

I just wanted to say I am soooo grateful for this website and to everyone who has and continues to share their knowledge and experience of the whole process, I wouldn't have considered doing it alone if I hadn't spent months of reading on this site.
        My case was a simple 7, no assets, under medium, only cc debt, I decided to file after losing my job and being unemployed for 18 months and ran out of money. Again many thanks to whomever started this site, & to all who continue to contribute.

Comment

You are certainly welcome. Please feel free to stick around and help others through the process!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That's what we are here for! Glad everything is working out for you. I love to hear those stories.
            I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
            Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X