top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error in Matrix a problem if creditor has actual notice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in Matrix a problem if creditor has actual notice?

I found out I had transposed numbers in the PO Box of one of my creditors, causing their notices to be bounced back to me as undeliverable. However, since they were in the middle of suing me for a judgment when I filed BK, I also put the attorney for the case in my Creditor's Matrix. I know he's getting notices, because he filed a Motion For Nonsuit with the County Court to drop the lawsuit. I am OK?
    3/7/11 -

I believe you are okay, but if you want to make sure in order to ease your mind, I would make out a new evelope and resend it. Good luck to you.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

That is constructive notice. However, you may want to actually update the matrix and your Schedules and pay the $26 to make sure they have "actual" notice. It's always better to have actual notice, even though constructive notice is just as good.

Additionally, if you are in an asset case, most jurisdictions require that everyone have actual notice and be on the schedules!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X