top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sch. C - Property claimed as exempt ..federal law for "cash on hand" + checking/svgs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sch. C - Property claimed as exempt ..federal law for "cash on hand" + checking/svgs

Trying to find the specific federal law for "cash on hand" and "checkings/savings"...can I use 11 U.S.C. 522 (d) (5)? or is it another one

thanking you in advance for assistance.

That statute (11 USC 522 (d)(5)) is for ANY property and is known as a wildcard. Please make sure you are keeping track of the amounts that you are using in any exemption category. You do not want to go over and be exposed. Remember that 522(d)(5) takes some of the unused homestead exemption money from (d)(1), so if you're exempting a homestead, be careful.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

thanks for your informative response...am so glad that I found this site.

Comment

toro - I went to my state's Legal Aid bankruptcy site and there were several sample cases with samples of completed schedules, along with explanations for each field. Maybe your state has this, too? It was invaluable - it saved my 2010 tax refund!
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
        New Job 7-2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X