Tomorrow is the filing day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is the filing day....

Well, after taking some time off from working on my case due to some personal stuff, I finally have everything finished and am traveling to the local BK courthouse first thing tomorrow to turn all of the paperwork over. I'm extremely nervous but I've perused each and every form multiple times and amended where mistakes were made and to the best of my knowledge, it can't get any more correct, lol!

I just want to thank everyone on here for all of their wonderful help. I know I couldn't have gotten through this without this site.

I wanna say again, I am VERY nervous, and this is just the filing, not the 341! But, I guess these feelings are normal. Thanks again everyone!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

I was nervous too, but once I hit the down button on the elevator, after leaving the Clerk's Office, I started to get a pep in my step. I only had $18 to my name at the time, but I felt like a million dollars.

Best of luck to you!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

sscott, I'm sure you've done a great job on your forms. I know you took a lot of time and care getting them ready. Don't worry, you're well on your way to a fresh start!
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

I can fully appreciate how you feel, since I was shaking inside like someone put 380V right through me. A large part of the fear was coming from the fact that I was filing exactly a week prior to Sheriff's sale of our house...enough said...

When the clerk confirmed that all of my paperwork was in order, I almost fainted. In all fairness, I tend to be absent-minded and forgetful. But on that day I wasn't...

You'll do fine. Make sure that there's a stiff drink waiting when you return home, because in many respects - at least in my opinion - filing BK is something to celebrate. As in "out with the old and bring in the new"...

Good luck.

No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Thank you all for your encouraging words! I'll be leaving in a few hours and reading this makes me feel more securely in making this big step.

Comment

sscott - are you feeling better now? hopefully your filing went smoothly. when I filed, the clerk checked all my paperwork and told me everything was there and it looked good. made me feel relieved!
            Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
            New Job 7-2011

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
              sscott - are you feeling better now? hopefully your filing went smoothly. when I filed, the clerk checked all my paperwork and told me everything was there and it looked good. made me feel relieved!
              Hi Annie,
              I am feeling much better now! I went to the courthouse about 10:30 this morning and was a nervous wreck driving over there. Even waiting for the clerk to process my paperwork, I was trembling, lol. Everything went well, I just missed one document where I need to sign off that I haven't received any pay stubs during the prior 60 days...must have just been a district-specific document. Otherwise, all went well and I should receive notice on my meeting sometime next week. It's amazing the weight that's been lifted off...I just imagine how I'll feel once the discharge goes through!

Comment

Congrats on filing! I just filed a couple of months ago and I missed 2 district specific papers, but the clerk was very nice and allowed me to sign them right there. Way to go! Your 341 will be a breeze.
                Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Originally posted by mommi2many View Post
                  Congrats on filing! I just filed a couple of months ago and I missed 2 district specific papers, but the clerk was very nice and allowed me to sign them right there. Way to go! Your 341 will be a breeze.
                  Thanks mommi2many!

The clerk I met with was very nice as well. I keep telling myself that in my situation, there was (and is) nothing to complicate my case and raise any suspicions and eyebrows at the 341. Like I've said before, my assets are few, only unsecured debt, no income (unfortunately), no property, no car, executory contracts, codebtors, etc. And I was honest to the core and dotted every 'I' and crossed every 'T'. I don't see how this couldn't be a breeze, but I'm remaining cautious and taking one day at a time. And folks like yourself who have given encouraging words and advice DEFINITELY help me through this process. I am so grateful to be a part of this forum!

Thanks again!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X