Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd credit counseling requirement

Hi all,
    My understanding in regarding the financial management requirement is that you can take it at any time after the filing of the paperwork, and no later than 45 days after the 341.
    What I'm wondering is would I be allowed to go ahead and take the course and file Form 23 with the court even though my 341 is yet to come around, or do they want the 341 to be concluded before those documents are filed?

Thanks!!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

My attorney had us do it right after we filed. We got it done within a couple of days after filing and then it was sent to my attorney by the agency we went through. They had it filed and showing in pacer two days later. Our trustee noticed it was done at our 341 and seemed pleased that we had it done. Not sure if this is the case everywhere though, so you may need to look into it some more for your state.

This class is longer than the first one, so plan accordingly.
    Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
    DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

We also had our course completed prior to the 341. I'd just check with your local rules to see if they have anything stating otherwise. I think I've only heard of one district not allowing filing of the certificate prior to 341.
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I just finished with the FM course and found out my filing fee was waived and because of that, the course fee was waived as well!

I've checked the local rules and it looks like I'm good to go ahead and submit the forms. I'm going to get this in the mail tomorrow.

Comment

I had mine completed well before my 341 Meeting since I did mine during my Chapter 13 (60 days after confirmation). I then converted to a Chapter 7 and immediately filed my 2nd Course (financial management) certificate! Make sure you follow your local rules on how to submit it! Your District may require both Form 23 and a copy of the certificate. Some Districts only required Form 23.
          Last edited by justbroke; 12-26-2010, 02:02 PM.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            I had mine completed well before my 341 Meeting since I did mine during my Chapter 13 (60 days after confirmation). I then converted to a Chapter 7 and immediately filed my 2nd Course (financial management) certificate! Make sure you follow your local rules on how to submit it! Your District may require both Form 23 and a copy of the certificate. Some Districts only required From 23.
            I just went back to look and make sure I was following the rules on this requirement, and it looks like they want both a copy of the certificate and Form 23, which I have both with me and am sending tomorrow.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X