Schedule F Question/credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule F Question/credit report

Pulled a credit report ..have a credit card with FIA that doesn't appear on the report. However after doing some research come to find out they are owned by Bank of America. Bank of America shows up on the report.

Appreciate feedback on how I should list on Sch. F. FIA card/acct. number is different from the Bank of America number; amount owed is the same. Don't know if I should list both with dollar amounts owed.

thanking you for assistance in advance.

Account numbers on credit reports are usually scrambled or otherwise not the real account number. This is especially true for credit cards! On all Schedules and pleadings, you use the last four digits of an account number anyhow. It is sufficient to list the FIA account was Bank of America with the last four digits showing on your latest statement.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you.... I just worry because the actual card I have shows a particular acct. #..statements were from FIA ..yet collection calls and credit report shows a Bank of America acct. with number. Shall I list both? which account would I show the $$ owed?

Sorry for requesting such basic information.... thanks

Comment

FIA is the old MBNA card services company that Bank of America bought several years ago. FIA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of America. You can put either Bank of America or FIA Card Services. I don't think it matters. I had cards that have Bank of America plastered all over them (Bank of America VISA Signature), yet the trade line on the credit report lists it as FIA on one credit bureau and Bank of America on another.

I would not worry about it!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X