Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petition filed ...now what do I do?

Hello All and Happy New Year...

Now that I've filed my petition what happens now other than having to take a financial management class and waiting for Trustee to contact me with items he/she may need for me to bring in to the 341 meeting?

1. Can I now answer my phone and say I've filed for bankruptcy? Those that have answered creditor calls ...how have you responded to them?

Any and all comments are appreciated.

toros, the best part of the whole thing for me was when I got a call from a collector, and I could hold my head up and say, "Yes, ma'am. We've filed bankruptcy. Let me give you our case number." And when they asked for my attorney's name, I simply said, "You are speaking to my representation. Now, let me go ahead and give you that case number." You needn't say anything else to them. Keep it short, sweet and polite. If they get nasty, just repeat that you've filed, give them your case number, and end the call.

That was the only call I received, by the way. The court sent my notices out so quickly that the other collectors received them and never contacted me again.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Hello...thanks for your response...will use it should the calls continue tomorrow.. will be nice to answer my phone vs. selective answering.

Comment

lol, it's funny how quiet it is now. My phone never rings!
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

I would also keep a log of who called you, the date and time they called you, and the disposition of the call. This can be important later, should they continue to harass you.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Good point ..will do that.. thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X