Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

University library fine update...

Hi everyone,

Early on, back close to the time I joined, I asked about if library fines at a university would be dischargeable. I listed them as one of my debts, and on their student website (I can still log in even though I'm not a student--weird), under the "Student Holds" section, where it used to say the amount of the lost books, that has been deleted, and in an adjacent box, it says "5 items lost-Do not remove".

Any idea what this could mean? I hope they're not going to just drop the debt, but still deny me a copy of my transcripts just to be mean about the whole thing.

Thanks for the help!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

I believe fines are not dischargeable items (i.e., parking tickets, speeding tickets, library fines, fines for not having a dog license, etc., etc.). You will need to check on that as to your district since you are pro se.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Hi Flamingo,
      Thanks for the reply. I just checked once again today and the debt amount has been reinstated, but with $700-800.00 less than the original amount, which seems confusing. But, I'll take your advise and check.
      Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
      341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
      Discharged: 03/29/2011

Comment

What about library fines that have been sold to a CA? Are those dischargable in BK? On my credit reports it doesn't even say anything about where the original debt came from, I only know that particilar CA was the one that was related to the library fines. Either way since the CA owns the debt now, I wonder how or if I can get back my library privelledges.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X