Where would I put this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would I put this?

Okay I have been reading this forum and I am thinking about trying to do this. My concern is with one of my loans that the company calls secured on my credit report. I bought some furniture from a furniture store and I financed it through one of those high risk companies. Well, they say that I am renting to own but the problem is when I lost my house I also lost the furniture. So is it considered a secured debt or a loss for them and do I have to pay for it if I file a chapter 7. They keep asking to pick up the furniture but it is gone. I told them so, but they keep asking. Now what?

Where did it go? Was the furniture liquidated by another creditor?

Comment

If it was taken with the house, then it's gone. When you file, just list them as unsecured on Schedule F. Nothing will probably come of it since (most) furniture depreciates rather quickly (less than 5 years -- straightline). Just tell them the address where it was. Besides, it probably impairs one of your exemptions -- for furniture/furnishings -- and you'd be able to avoid their lien anyhow.

Yes, avoiding liens is complex pro se work, but speaking frankly... they probably won't bother you after discharge.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by djd View Post
        Where did it go? Was the furniture liquidated by another creditor?
        Lost the house-Lost everything in the house. The sheriff comes and they take all your things and put them on the side of the road and once it gets dark, your neighbors come and take your things and virtually clean your carcass of anything of value.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X