List of creditors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of creditors

So it just occured to me... On my credit report(s) the account numbers for the list of creditors are missing the last 4 digits...

I'm going to need the full account number for my BK right?

Is there any easy way around this or do I have to call all of my creditors and get my acct# from them?

Thx in advance.

We did not have to have the entire account number for bankruptcy. On many of our accounts, I no longer had access to the numbers. I used the numbers I had available with "xxxx" where I had no number. Nothing was questioned, and my debts with each of the creditors is discharged.

You aren't going to be chastised for not having an entire account number. What you are expected to do is be as complete as you can. Hope that helps.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

It does...thank you very much.

Comment

dave.........the most important thing is the CORRECT account numbers and CORRECT address....even the actual amount of the debt is not that important...just as long as they are listed.

now...sometimes it gets confusing when one of your debts were sent to a collection agy...however, it's best to list both...

just a suggestion....make certain you match up your debts with that credit report...ours that we rec'd was over 50% incorrect.......i mean everything from address to listing american express 5 times...what a mess...
        so it took us time, but we notice that at least 1/2 of what we needed to list was not on that report...i.e. medical expenses...other arbitrary bills

the other key factor for the court here is the creditor MUST be properly served....therefore it is essential that you have the correct address....hope that helps a bit and best of luck!!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

dd - I did not have account numbers for several old creditors and it was not a problem. I just put in "unknown" for the account numbers and the balances.

I did take the time to research the correct addresses for them so they would receive notice of my BK. That's all it took!
          Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
          New Job 7-2011

Comment

Most creditors used a software called Banko or some variation of it that scrubs their files based on your social security # rather than an account number since they are redacted in your petition.

Good luck
            Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Our problem is we have a lot of debt from 2006 and since then it's been sold more than 5 times... ridiculous!

So i guess we will be listing the original creditors and then all of the 3rd parties. Crazy long list!

Comment

Unfortunately, I had to spend 3 full days on the phone trying to track down all of my old debts. It took some time, but it worked.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X