Uh oh... I hope the trustee let's this slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh oh... I hope the trustee let's this slide

So my 341 is coming up in April and I received a letter the other day requesting to send him 2008/2009 Federal & State tax returns.

Well I have some but not all...and my awesome state takes at least 30 days to get copies.

Do you think the trustee will understand (by that I mean maybe go off of what I have?) or will my 341 be pushed back?

The last thing I want to do is stick out like a sore thumb...

The trustee requested these for some reason and you will be expected to supply them. Most likely, your 341 will get rescheduled if you do not have them.

If you used an accountant, they can provide you with a notarized copy.......
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

My attorney said that they don't accept anything but tax transcripts, which you have to get from the IRS for your federal taxes. You get those in 2 weeks or via fax pretty quickly if you go through the phone menu in a crazy way. Search "tax transcripts" here and look for the sticky.
      Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Yes definitely get your Tax transcripts! This is a requirement of filing and has always been a requirement. The Trustees always want the last 3 years. (There's a technical reason for this and has to do with "priority" debt.)
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Look at the irs website for a local office. I didn't even know they had these and went right up and got them on the spot. The Trustee will not let it slide.. not at all.

Comment

My experience was that the trustee was very understanding. It was an informal meeting, and he just wants to cover his bases. He'll tell you exactly what he needs.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X